C02 pressure gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOYDBrew

Reaction score
I bought this at a garage sale this weekend for $10. The gentlemen I bought it from was a retired welder and said he used it on his C02 tanks to weld and I thought maybe this could work for another kegerator I have in the garage.
After taking off the fittings I discovered a spring and pin inside of the pressure gauge. I'm hoping I can go to lhbs and buy some fittings but wanted to see if anyone on the forum has any thoughts???

image-2039735855.jpg

image-2820392580.jpg

image-1238103885.jpg

There might be a use for it I do not know about but I have never heard of anyone using CO2 for welding. I can not quite read it but it looks like the formula for the gas it was made for is on the low pressure dial behind the bottom part of the needle.

I think that reg is for C25 (75/25... argon/co2.. mix) for mig welding, you may want to take to your gas suppler and ask if you can push beer gas or nitrogen? co2 is a female fitting, going onto a male tank valve.

I can't tell for sure from the pics, but it sure looks like the scale on the gauge is L/min on the outside, and CFH on the inside, which would mean it's a flow regulator, and not a pressure regulator. Regulating flow is exactly what's needed for welding, but will be completely useless for carbonating or serving beer.

I think that reg is for C25 (75/25... argon/co2.. mix) for mig welding, you may want to take to your gas suppler and ask if you can push beer gas or nitrogen? co2 is a female fitting, going onto a male tank valve.

I think you are correct. Mixed gas makes a lot more sense than just CO2.

Back