Buy/Build Immersion Cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
Well I bought a turkey fryer around thanksgiving so that i could move up to full boils and all grain. it's almost spring which means that i can do full boils outside soon. i need to get an immersion cooler to do this. i want the option of connecting to both kitchen since and the garden hose. how much do you think i can save if i build it myself?

With the price of copper, probably nothing. You need to find a place selling them at the same price they sold them last year and you might save money.

i think it depends where your located. i went to the hardware store and paid sixty dollars for sixty feet of copper tubing and maybe ten more if that for the tubing and fittings. went home and wrapped the tubing around a coffee can which took about twenty minutes and was really easy. at my local home brew store they start at a hundred twenty and work their way up from there. on the other hand where your at the copper may be more expensive then it is where im at and you might only save a few pennies

Back