Burst carb the disconnect?.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeDrewBrew

Reaction score
So i got my co2 refilled and beer racked into keg,i hit it with 30psi then shut the gas off,disconnected gas line and stuck in fridge.
Now the reason i did this is cause.
1.Im still paranoid about losing another tank full of co2,even though the keg is airtight my gas line leaks a tiny bit when connected.
2.And the manifold i just ordered leaks too!.

So how much of the 30psi co2 will it absorb and should i hit it again in a day or two?

Thanks

So i got my co2 refilled and beer racked into keg,i hit it with 30psi then shut the gas off,disconnected gas line and stuck in fridge.
Now the reason i did this is cause.
1.Im still paranoid about losing another tank full of co2,even though the keg is airtight my gas line leaks a tiny bit when connected.
2.And the manifold i just ordered leaks too!.

So how much of the 30psi co2 will it absorb and should i hit it again in a day or two?

Thanks

It will absorb enough to reach 1 atm of pressure in the headspace of the keg. No positive pressure in the keg will remain.

Pointless exercise trying to work with a leaking setup.

Fix it. Only solution.

Back