Burger & Beer Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burger1.jpg
Burger2.jpg

Meat Up! I ordered the Elvis burger and the Hangover Burger to split with a buddy. We had 11 people this month, a little low. Summer kills us.

These burgers were fantastic! The wings, pretzels, and fried pickles also. I had a local IPA from Killz Boro, a local brew pub owned by a kid from my old homebrew club and a Narragansett Lager.

Attachments

• IMG_8733.jpeg
    IMG_8733.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8734.jpeg
    IMG_8734.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8736.jpeg
    IMG_8736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8735.jpeg
    IMG_8735.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Surprisingly very good. The toughest critic in the group loved it. I was honestly shocked he even ordered it. This was the first Meat Up ever, out of around 25 or so, without a single complaint.

Had a quandary yesterday. My wife's sister had a baby, so we were planning on going to visit and taking some food--including a dish that required 1# of ground beef. So I set to defrosting some very lean ground beef. And I realized we didn't have any of my burger blend (chuck + brisket point) frozen, so she was going to pick up some non-lean beef at the grocery store.

Well, she changed the dish she was taking to her sister, which meant I was defrosting some 95% lean beef. Which is... Well, not exactly ideal for burgers.

So I asked her to pick up a couple slices of bacon from the store. Ground up a few ounces of bacon in the food processor and added it to the beef to increase the fat content. She had bought significantly more bacon--and they were VERY thick slices--than I needed as well. So I grilled the bacon and the burgers, and so we got beef+bacon burger, topped with more bacon.

Add some home-fried onion rings, a Pizza Port IPA, and away we go...

PXL_20230807_024347620.jpg

Again, I don't like to be "that guy" taking pictures of my food at restaurants, so this is the picture from their website.

The Blind Pig Kitchen + Bar in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.

Paired with Gamecraft Brewing Company's NPC IPA.

View attachment 825654
Turn the flash off, no one will ever know.

Haven't had a burger in awhile but here some meat. Arabic mix grill. Downtown Abu Dhabi. Won't have beer for awhile either.
1000004889.jpg

Was drinking wine for this one, so not beer. Wife had bought a new bottle of Educated Guess red blend, so we decided to try it together.

I didn't love it. So I went back to drinking Green Flash West Coast IPA after this glass.

Burger was an attempt at a smash burger. Didn't achieve the true crust associated with a smash burger, but with my burger blend it was juicy and delicious.

PXL_20231008_023716848.jpg

Lately I've sorta taken a shine to thinner patties, thinner as in 6 per lb, quick seared on fairly high heat, then stackin' 'em two or three high.

Back