Burger & Beer Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#2, the Estate Burger from a place called Ford’s Garage. Paired up with a Cigar City Maduro (brown ale) and a Tampa Bay Reef Donkey (pale ale).

Attachments

• A359E3D5-72F5-4853-9E9B-59D45A90F70C.jpeg
    A359E3D5-72F5-4853-9E9B-59D45A90F70C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I forgot to post this guy, a double butter burger from a chain called Culver’s. My first time trying this chain. It was paired up with a Duke’s brown ale from Bold City Brewery.

This was all down in the Tampa area.

Attachments

• 9AE9549C-3B7F-4D85-A835-2DBD0778B339.jpeg
    9AE9549C-3B7F-4D85-A835-2DBD0778B339.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I unfortunately do not have pics but we finally had a Meat Up last night at David Burke’s The GOAT in Hazlet, NJ. It was phenomenal. I had two burgers. It’s a nice fat patty on an English Muffin with cheddar cheese, pickles, onions, an aioli sauce and their signature sauce. One of the juiciest burgers I’ve ever had. Our hands were covered in oily goodness every time we picked up the burgers.

…and I am at The Habit Burger barely over 12 hours later for lunch with my daughter. 🤣

Love a good Oklahoma smash burger. We’ll be cooking a couple on cast iron on the grill tomorrow. I’ll try to remember to snap a picture or two

Smashburgers again! I’m getting better at this. They’re tougher than I expected to get right. You really need to make your “meat balls” the exact right size or else they shrink up and get fat.

We had homemade fried cheese pickles, onion rings, sautéed onions, mushrooms, two different cheddar cheeses, and corn on the cob. Fantastic!

Drinking my seltzer, some wheat beer (it kicked) and now my uncarbed dobblebock. Lol
70B9E87E-C857-4201-9E14-4CBC30EC41E3.jpeg

70B9E87E-C857-4201-9E14-4CBC30EC41E3.jpeg
F650F44B-269D-40AF-9D98-38AA431AC8D4.jpeg
B4AA7EBB-2453-47CA-A35D-10AB38C732EC.jpeg

I bought some frozen burgers at Costco to have on hand for a quick burger here and there. Threw a couple on the pit boss pellet grill, topped with cheddar, tomato, ketchup and mayo. Toasted brioche bun. Side of cheese and potato salad and a Fat Heads Groovy Juice.

I’m not normally a huge frozen burger guy but the Costco ones are killer.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I bought some frozen burgers at Costco to have on hand for a quick burger here and there. Threw a couple on the pit boss pellet grill, topped with cheddar, tomato, ketchup and mayo. Toasted brioche bun. Side of cheese and potato salad and a Fat Heads Groovy Juice.

I’m not normally a huge frozen burger guy but the Costco ones are killer.
Costco does have good burgers. The ones in the sleeve right? I buy them for parties.

Forgot to add this one from this past Saturday. It’s hands down my favorite burger, currently lol. I rated it a 9.5 on our burger group page, the highest score I have ever seriously awarded (10’s sometimes come out jokingly).

Nicholas Barrel & Roost in Red Bank, NJ. I had a Manhattan with it, no beer. Their cocktails are amazing!
IMG_7558.jpeg

I was down in DC the last few days. This was a smashburger that looks ridiculously tiny for some reason. I assure you it was a normal sized burger. It was the worst of the trip but still ok. The best was another smashburger we got at the Nationals stadium. Wow, that one was at 8.5 or so. The first was a so so burger at Capital City Brewing Company.

Our next meat up is Monday. I hope the place delivers. It’s our first time going there.

IMG_7728.jpeg

I am down in Southern VA for a private gaming convention with 7 other guys, but most importantly, one of my best friends who is a chef. Fourteen simple burgers with just the basics but near perfect: cheese, meat, homemade seasoning and sauce. Fantastic! I ate 3.

Washed down with a local beer that I have forgotten the name of. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7957.jpeg
    IMG_7957.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7958.jpeg
    IMG_7958.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7959.jpeg
    IMG_7959.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
First time making chorizo burgers. Won’t be my last. It was great! The fatty chorizo made for a very tender burger. And the spices, good Lord I do t know why I’ve waited this long.
I did abojt a 70/30 ratio of beef to chorizo. Topped w cheddar and guac. Between this and Oklahoma burgers, I’m never grilling hamburgers again.
IMG_1585.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg

I'm very, very disappointed with this thread. Not a single mention I could find of the most critical burger topping: the flaming hot green chile. In New Mexico we use Pecos Valley or Hatch chiles, in France we buy very similar chile from Morocco. When one of us looks for something in the big freezer and sees those packages of frozen chile we're gonna have to make burgers soon.
In our area of New Mexico we can get green chile on burgers from McDonald's.

I’m not a fan of anything mushy on burgers. Chili spread sounds great, but actual chilis would turn me off with as a mushy mouthfeel addition. Same goes for avocado.

I'm very, very disappointed with this thread. Not a single mention I could find of the most critical burger topping: the flaming hot green chile. In New Mexico we use Pecos Valley or Hatch chiles, in France we buy very similar chile from Morocco. When one of us looks for something in the big freezer and sees those packages of frozen chile we're gonna have to make burgers soon.
In my travels of NM, I found you can get green Chile on anything.

Yep. I went there for work. In ~24 hours, I had four meals. Every single one had green chile. Even breakfast.

I’m not a fan of anything mushy on burgers. Chili spread sounds great, but actual chilis would turn me off with as a mushy mouthfeel addition. Same goes for avocado.

We buy jars of green chile spread from Costco. Worth checking out...

1686581404230.png

Yep. I went there for work. In ~24 hours, I had four meals. Every single one had green chile. Even breakfast.

We buy jars of green chile spread from Costco. Worth checking out...

View attachment 822262
The 505 chiles from Costco are really good, but there’s nothing like a freshly roasted slab on top of a cheeseburger.

I lived in Tucson for years and in late August you could smell roasting chiles in the air.

Green Chile burgers are in the rotation. I usually get several pounds worth of roasted ones I’m the freezer. This time of year my supply is dangerously low.

Chile cheeseburgers are one of my favorites, however I prioritize my chiles for omelettes.

I usually get several pounds worth of roasted ones I’m the freezer. This time of year my supply is dangerously low.

Chile cheeseburgers are one of my favorites, however I prioritize my chiles for omelettes.
We usually get 2 sacks, probably around 40 pounds. One sack hot, one extra hot. And a bunch of Big Jims, a fairly mild but large, meaty chiles for rellenos or stuffing.
I keep a bag of thawed chile in the fridge for things like omelettes
When I make burgers for just ourselves, I sauté onion, garlic, and the green chile and mix into the meat before I make the patties. If guests are invited the chopped chile is in a bowl so everyone decides for themselves hot hot they want it.

Back