BT Brews RIMS Build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorterBoy

Reaction score
I started out with the idea of using burners to heat with when i was planning my setup. After some more looking, reading and talking to others i found that all electric was the way i wanted to go. I was going to use a RIMS setup with a burner to heat the BK an HLT. Since i already have mounted my burners and ran all my gas lines i think instead of taking them off i will leave them mounted for a few different reasons. I was thinking maybe if the power went out, fried a breaker, element blew, transformer on the pole blew, or many other variables...something like that would be nice to have as a backup as to not waste a whole brewday. Also i was thinking i could have a nice 3 burner cook stand to do turkeys or whatever on for the holidays/parties when im not using it to brew on. :rockin: I plan on doing 10 gallon batches at a time with the option of doing back to back batches. Im doing a single tier 3 keg setup. P-J was very AWESOME at helping my modify a diagram that i had found. Now with that diagram comes all the fun.More info to come...

Sounds like you have a nice plan for your brewery. I'm glad that I could be of some help.

Here is the wiring diagram:

As always - Click on the image to see a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

Wishing you the best.
P-J

Ok...

Another deal. How about an Excel spread sheet with most of the parts called out for the panel build? (PorterBoy already has it.) Some items needed have not been flagged as the build plan is still under way.

This might help others in planning such a system so I figured I'd post it.

As always - Click on the image to see the full Excel spread sheet. You can save it to your PC for reference.
The sheet is protected (No security Coding) so that you can use the "Tab/Back Tab" keys to navigate the form.
(If you wish to add items, you can do that as well.)

Page 2 (GFCI Panel) of the sheet shows different wiring plans for Spa Panel wiring set up's.

P-J

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Vendor & URL columns are links to the vendor and the specific part listed.

I hope this all helps.

P-J when i opened that spread sheet i was amazed. You my friend are truly awesome. Again. Thanks for all the help. That really makes it alot easier to organize a build!

Got some of the camlocks and other fittings tonight.

image-1356621410.jpg

image-303572893.jpg

image-2428496025.jpg

image-3000264316.jpg

image-2617160265.jpg

image-3504395988.jpg

image-1770265315.jpg

Well i had to take more time off then i wanted to complete some other projects. I have been back at working on my brew setup this month and have got it almost finished. All the major stuff is done. Just have to wire up my 60A subpanel then i will be abe to lip the switch on this thing and get started. Here is a few pictures of what i have done so far. I want to Thank P-J again for all his help and hard work mentally that he put into helping me design this setup.I would not have been able to complete this without it. Once i get this baby to its final location and all setup i will add more pictures later.

IMG_5399.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

Back