Brutus 10 build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have corner gussets like that on my rig (see link in my sig). They work well for keeping the heat from washing up the front, but they also can cause issues with air flow. I use the jet/wok burners that have such high velocity that they basically self-evacuate the spent gasses from under the kettles. I've tested using the corner gussets with bayou/banjo style burners and they have issues with the build up of spent gasses getting trapped under the kettles. This causes the burners to not fully burn the gas and causes soot on the kettles.

An alternative design is to use gussets in front and do an open back setup. This allows the spent gasses to easily escape and keeps the burners burning clean.

Below is a picture of the brewers hardware stand that utilizes the open back configuration.

xctmpXgCljx.png

Thanks, I've already built everything but the corner pieces, I will leave those off. I'm just trying to mount the burners the best way getting the flame close to the keg/pot.

Back