Bruery Saison De Lente Recipe NEEDED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JZ_brewing

Reaction score
I would kill for a good clone recipe of the Bruery's Saison De Lente. So good but way to expensive to drink everyday unless I make it myself

Patrick is very very helpful to home brewers. I would suggest emailing him. I think his email is Patrick@ the bruery com

One of my favorites.

"Our Spring Saison is light blonde in color with a fresh hoppiness and a wild and rustic Brettanomyces character. Lighter in color and alcohol than our Saison Rue, yet equally complex in its own way. Perfect for warmer weather and Spring celebrations.

ABV: 6.5%, IBU: 35, SRM: 4, Release: March - May"

I bet the recipe is pretty simple, OG low 1.050s mostly pils (maybe some flaked wheat), mashed on the cool side to ensure good attenuation. 35 IBUs with some late additions of American nobels (Crystal, Sterling, Mt. Hood or whatever), ferment with a saison strain plus Brett C. If you want to get close I would pitch the dregs from a couple bottles to get their Brett strain. You could even add a small dry hop after letting it funk for a couple months.

Might not be perfect on your first try, but it should be tasty.

Just bumping this thread out of interest. Mike, I saw your post (I think) on the Babble Belt saying you thought Bruery used Brett B for this beer. Do you have an updated opinion or recommendation? This beer smells like everything I want in a Brett finished beer ....

I don't have any new info on this one, other than that it is Brett B.

Back