Bru Gear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search on them you will find a thread talking about their incredibly poor service.

I saw that they're cust. service isn't very good, I'm more concerned with quality. I don't want buy one and have leaking in a year.

The problem is that shipping is so expensive. It's 40-50$ so it's actually not that much cheaper than comparable kettles, even on sale.

I bought a 20gallon kettle from them in September. They were very quick to respond to my questions and get the order shipped. It arrived packaged very well and I am 100% satisfied with their product and would like to upgrade my MLT and HLT with 20's as well. Hope it helps, happy brewing! Jeremy

Has anyone tried these kettles from Bru Gear? I've never heard of them but the price tag is pretty amazing. Just wondering if they're a quality product or not.

http://www.bru-gear.com/Home-Brew-Kettles-Gas-Induction-Electric_c_19.html

Thanks

Can't speak to the negative customer service as I didn't experience any of that, but my 10 gallon BruGear kettle is still going strong after nearly 2 years. No rust, no issues with anything other than the logo being worn off a bit. Super tempted to order another vessel or two while they're on sale, but I just can't decide on the setup and sizing I want to go for right now.

I have their 14 gallon conical. Great build, no issues. I'd gladly deal with slow shipping and bad customer service to save $100.

Thanks for your replys, I pulled the trigger on a 15 gal kettle with valve and thermometer. Even after shipping it still saved me $75 compared to other kettles.

I wish adding a whirlpool and element flange weren't so expensive. Even with the sale I can get a spike kettle for the same price.

I'm going on three weeks. Finally got a response for the timeline on my customizations. Received another promise, my order did not get updated. If they have a dedicated customer service then that person isn't who they want. I saw the reviews, thought long and hard but rolled the dice anyways. Fact is, many companies survive because of focus on CS, many sell here and are actively involved in keeping their good name. Growing pain or business mentality, only time will tell.

I disagree with those who say that after shipping there is no savings. Right now a pot with a TC element fitting running 220, add 50 for shipping and still cant be beat. Remember there is no such thing as free shipping, but the "free shipping" sells pitch does make comparing a ton easier.

Biggest problem with their site and with the shipping is that it doesn't group the small items. But that's why they don't get the sell to me on that stuff. Site dings too much for dip tubes and such on shipping. On FB someone complained and they offered to set that straight but did they get a response?

That's a good looking kettle. I'm ordering another this week, and then going to have the third vessel be one of the SS BME kettles

I have the 10 gal kettle. The quality is great and it's a great way to get into TC fittings. What I didn't like was the need to buy a separate dip tube for it, which I didn't realize I would need to do. It's expensive. You can save a couple $ by buying the dip tube from norcal brewing solutions but you'll need to get the clamp and gasket separate. http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-Dip-Tube-Generation-2-Bru-Gear.html I also don't like the length of the thermowell. I can not get my chiller in there with it in. I ordered a TC thermometer from SS Brewtech that only has a 3" probe and isn't a thermowell.

At the end of the day if I had added a tangential for whirlpool it would have been cheaper to get an SS BME when you consider the dip tube and shipping (which was a ridiculous $35). As is I'm into it for more than the SS regular 10 gal kettle. If I had to do it all over again I would probably get the SS BME.

They appear to be from the same large supplier as the megapot, edelmetall, Tall boy, brew built and others so the quality should be good...

Back