broken co2 bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonhagen1

Reaction score
so i have a 2.5 lb co2 bottle that the valve handle broke off of what should i do with it i will try to post pics soon

Does it still have pressure? If so, big field, Rem 700, a good scope, and 500 yards should do. Just be sure to post on youtube for us.

sorry it took so long for me to get pics up but here they are i have this reg and tap i think that came on it any ideas or any help please will an exchange place take it or can it be fixed it is old

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

The tank, more than likely, is out of certification. They need to be hydrostatic tested every 5 years. That tank is not worth what you'd have to pay to get it re-certified. The regulator doesn't look to be in good condition either. I wouldn't use any of it for beer dispensing if I were you. Find a welding supply place and see what they say about swapping out that tank. They typically don't care about cert dates and broken handles and will give you an even swap for another 2.5 lb tank, if they even have them.

Back