Bringing home the bacon.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Shipping/Receiving Supervisor for a biomedical polymer manufacturing and contract R&D facility.

we're growing fast...it's been hard to keep up, especially when we can't get inventory straight. that's why i'm working on labor day weekend :(

but it's good to have job security and the paycheck is pretty nice

:ban:

When nobody is around for me to annoy, I'm an electronics technologist. I find ways to be an ******* while being a technologist too. As I said, it defines me and everything I do.

Me too... I love my field.

Firefighter for the largest fire department in the country..The US Forest Service.

I bleed that horrible color of green, my whole being smells like wood smoke... my body is broken. I love it, occasionally....

Guess what I'm an Electronics Technologist for? A company that builds weather stations, mostly for the US Forest Service; I build, service, help design the equipment and travel to the sites for AOM work. I haven't been to VA yet, but I've met a whole whack load of your Forest Service buddies across the country.

My hat's off to you guys, you don't get enough credit for the work you do. It's hard, messy and dangerous.

I fly airliners for a living, and I spend that money on brewing...

Sports writer for a newspaper. Was great for a long time. I've covered eight men's Final Fours, 13 bowl games of various sorts, pro football and baseball, among others, but given the state of the industry, it's not so cool anymore.

Software developer for a small local software company developing applications for the blood banking industry. I stick mostly to C#, ASP, AJAX and SQL Server, but lately I've been messing around with PHP and MySQL.

I brew enough beer on the weekend that I'm not quite sure what I do during the week.

I do the IT stuff for a web marketing company with a web hosting twist. I do some PHP programming with SQL (Postgre and My), manage our little server farm, the systems (bare and virtualized) in that farm, build and manage the PCs and servers in the office.

I think. It's all a blur.

I am Neptune god of the sea, I sink ships and conjure up storms.

Been watching your most recent work. Nice job.

I'm a software developer for a small company that does medical transcription systems. Not the automated voice recognition (though we're trying to get into that), but systems that handle recording dictations and delegating work out to transcriptionists overseas, delivering the final document back to the doctor, and billing the client for the work. I headed up a rewrite of the old software system and I'm currently working on post-alpha testing of the product.

So I guess that makes me head code monkey.

I'm the IT Manager, tech support monkey, pinball repair tech, email admin, web admin, etc, for a company in St. Louis.

Deep down though, I am a restaurant/bar grill owner waiting to happen.

I keep my wife sane, who is going to be a brain surgeon (really). Before that it was working 2 FT jobs to keep the bills paid while she was in school.

Professionally, I do IT work, data warehousing and advanced TSQL scripting are my forte.

We're writing and testing software for a large restaurant company that shall remain nameless. :)

I am a part time rocket surgeon, part time adjunct college professor, and I work full time at as a researcher and consultant.

I drive a flatbed truck for a lumber company. I get to see all kinds of crazy stuff and get paid for it.

I tell people where to go.
Public safety dispatcher and 911 call taker. I take the calls and tell cops, firefighters and EMS personnel where to go.
In my other life I rescue dogs and find them new homes.

well now we know how some of these guys get such high post counts! awful lot of IT people so i won't make any 'wizard up front' remarks.

i'm one of the poor bastards that it likes to ef with, i'm a recieving/put away worker for a global automotive radiator/ac system manufacturer.

Retired Analytical Chemist. Get to work part-time whenever somebody in the lab craps out and is off for a few weeks. (happens 2-3 times a year)

Company makes biofuels and specialty organic chemicals. Got to analyze a railcar of Lard last week.

I sell, install, and service Photovoltaic Sytems, Wind Turbines, and Hydronic Radiant Heating Systems. Love the theory behind it all, and it pays MOST of the bills.

With all the IT folks around here.. no wonder I'm not so freegin whiz-bang with my cpu skills....

Reitred EMT, graduated with a degree in GIS, 10 years later its as worthless as the paper it was printed on.. them new college grads can do things with a GIS that I didnt even know existed...

Guess I'll keep with the pounding dirt...

Zac

I sell Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I'm also the guy who picks the models/ color combos/ quantity and which location they go to.
My degree is in agronomy, I ran golf courses. I didn't make much money, and came back to HD. Now I am back in school for political science and business.

No one said unemployed? I am still getting paid by the US Navy but i will be out in 17 days. Out as in no more paycheck. Trying to get hired on with Lockheed Martin, Norhrop grumman, etc. Anyone here work for BAE and willing to put in a good word? I found a dream job with BAE 3 miles away. Still waiting to here from them :keeps fingers crossed:

No one said unemployed? I am still getting paid by the US Navy but i will be out in 17 days. Out as in no more paycheck. Trying to get hired on with Lockheed Martin, Norhrop grumman, etc. Anyone here work for BAE and willing to put in a good word? I found a dream job with BAE 3 miles away. Still waiting to here from them :keeps fingers crossed:
BAE is one of my contractors for the Paladin and PIM (Paladin's future replacement)...but out of York, PA...

How close are you to APG? There will be loads of people moving to APG soon from NJ. The earlier you get on the better.:D

Currently I'm an Audio Visual Coordinator at a catholic university.

Yeah, I'm an AV Dork right now.

I'm also a venture capitalist.... kinda, lol.

Research Associate for the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, DC. We gather groups of experts to write advisory scientific reports for Congress (that they mostly ignore, after they basically demand we write it).

I mostly do Google searches for appropriate literature, contact prospective committee members, and of course, surf HBT.com.

And I can't wait to get out of this city!
Any NPS or FWS people on the East Coast that need a biologist??? :D

Latest posts

Back