Brewzilla or Traditional setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbayav8er

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’ve only done extract brewing so far, but will be getting into all-grain hopefully this month. Just wondering if I should get a brewzilla, or the traditional setup (mash tun, propane burner, sparge water and boil kettles etc.). I only plan to make batches in the 5-6 gallon size. I know there are other robobrew options out there, but the brewzilla is the only option available to me for various reasons. Thanks!

Thanks!

I would definitely go the Robobrew route. I started with a cooler MT and burner Keggle set-up, then moved into a new house and upgraded to a tippy dump 3v with bumps and all fancy. They both worked and made some great beer, but were a bit of a hassle to clean. About 6 months or so ago I bought the Anvil 10.5 and am loving the ease of use and cleaning. Good luck. :mug:

Maybe I'm an outlier but I've gone through several systems in the past 20+ years. Picnic cooler mash tun and propane turkey fryer boil kettle. Three vessel propane system made out of converted kegs. One single keg BIAB set up. Now I have two that I use... 3 vessel electric and an all-in-one Anvil Foundry. The 3 vessel I use during the warmer months out in my garage and during the winter I use the Anvil in my basement.

I went straight back into all grain after many years off and last brews extract. I bought a robobrew and it was fantastic, easy to use compact and worked well.
Have gone bigger now with a 70 litre guten for various reasons. If guten available in 40 litre size it's really good option as well.
I've done a couple of extract brews during covid when ingredients not available and I could really tell the difference. Gave most of it away, but the recipients were happy.

Back