Brewtoad Pro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody have any experience with Brewtoad Pro yet? I have used Brewtoad basically exclusively since it took over Hopville, and have been reasonably happy with it. Nothing on the feature list makes me want to part with $20 a year though....Also pretty annoyed that they are imposing a limit on recipe drafts for free users now, which didn't used to be there. I have like 30 recipe drafts saved and now it wont let me edit or publish them.

I'm debating signing up just so I don't loose those recipes but the principal of the thing annoys me. If anyone has bought into it yet, is it worth it?

That is pretty easy money per day over the course of a year. It isn't right to use the hard work of somebody for free then expect more free from them. Anty up.

I don't like the trend of computer services going to the cloud and requiring recurring payments. Beersmith isn't perfect but once you buy it you own it. This would basically be buying a copy of beersmith every year. I am sure the service is good, but I don't like the idea of it.

Right, that's what I mean, for that price I could buy Beersmith. And it's not like we are taking advantage of poor old Brewtoad...they are the one's who offered the service for free, we didn't steal it...they do make money on advertising after all

I got the email from brewtoad as well but I've been using brewersfriend for the last two years. If you're on the fence regarding pricing, BF is cheaper ($18 for 2 years). But ultimately beersmith is the best bang for the buck.

I really like brewersfriend (or really any online beer recipe site) because I can access all the formulas/calculations/recipes on my phone, tablet, or desktop. So for me, that makes it worth $9 a year.

That is pretty easy money per day over the course of a year. It isn't right to use the hard work of somebody for free then expect more free from them. Anty up.

Wow. I don't think the guy was saying outright that he wouldn't pay, just that on principal it stinks to suddenly be forced to pay if he wants to continue using the services without limitations.

OP: I like BeerSmith and it was worth every penny. The support is pretty amazing too considering I have not paid more than $20 for the app and have appreciated an update already. However, if my work was in BT, I would gladly pay $20 to keep it there.

Web based is perfect for chorme.

I donated to hopville. The toad messed up my recipies and I can't even log in to my account. I have a new one there but I don't like it enough to pay. Hopville just worked better for me.

So far I'm just re-making my recipes once I brew them from a draft, which is annoying but not that bad. Still on the fence about pro

It looks like brewtoad is still free to publish as many recipes as you want-you are worried about the drafts? I'm looking for simple software myself - everything I use is so complex, qbrew has been my favorite this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back