Brews Cruise Asheville

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy White

Reaction score
Went to Asheville, NC this weekend and went on a brew tour. First stop was Highland Brewing co. Have to say I was very impressed. The tour guide was the cellar man and really knew what he was talking about. Was as detailed as a tour could be. Got to sample all of there beers they had to offer. And even got a beer drawn from the very last keg of their summer seasonal wheat. All of the beers were great and recommend their beers to anyone who hasn't tried them. Next stop was the French Broad River Brewing Co. They had some good beers, but couldn't hold up to Highland's brews. The atmosphere of this place was great and had a good band playing. Definitely a place to have a good time, but the beers were hit or miss. The Wee Heavy and Saison were great IMO, but the Rye Hopper wasn't doing it for me. But I am by no means a beer judge, just my opinion. The last stop was the Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co. This place was great. I was a bit druck by that time so my perception could be a little skewed, and the Florida v. LSU game on the movie sreen on the back wall made it a little better too. Overall, the brews cruise was well worth the trip up. Check it out :mug: Asheville Brews Cruise

Sounds Great!
thumbsup.gif

Asheville is an awesome place for beer!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Asheville Brews Cruise! Highland does make some fantastic beers for such a large operation. Their Kashmir IPA is great, and I really like their Kashmir Double IPA when it is available. Those are just two of their standout beers for my taste. I have a liter bottle of their Cold Mountain Ale from this past winter. I'm going to bust it open this december to see how it aged.

When you're back in Asheville, there are a few other micro breweries you need to try. Pisgah Brewing is great. Green Man. The Wedge, down in the Arts District is great as well. There are two others opening soon too. Lexington Ave. Brew Pub is one. I forget the other's name.

Glad you had a good time!

I am drinking this year's Imperial Back Mocha Stout from Highland.

Damn good stuff.

I guess this can give me an excuse to go to asheville, I was born there but came straight down to miami six months later. Sounds good. Thanks for the tip. :mug:

As far as I'm concerned Asheville IS THE destination in the SE.

I've been all the places you mentioned, but can't fathom why the Brews Cruise dosen't go to the Bier Garden, Barley's Taproom, or even the THIRSTY MONK?>???? WTF???Thirsty Monk has to be te best bar there, and they just bought out some retro hippy shop above them & now have two floors of bliss.

Even Jack of the wood's & O'Flannigans is worthy of a stop.

Granted I didn't clicky on the linky, but the brews cruise should do better.

Now I have to put in my plug for Asheville Brewing Supply. Andy rocks & I am super happy with his service there. Their right across the raod from Asheville Pizza.

Asheville is one great place for beer. You really can't believe the eastern "high altitude" attitude. Its great.

Cheers, come back to asheville often

I did the Brews Cruise when I was out in Asheville last year for a conference. It was a great time, Highland was as good as expected and I loved French Broad.

As far as I'm concerned Asheville IS THE destination in the SE.

I've been all the places you mentioned, but can't fathom why the Brews Cruise dosen't go to the Bier Garden, Barley's Taproom, or even the THIRSTY MONK?>???? WTF???Thirsty Monk has to be te best bar there, and they just bought out some retro hippy shop above them & now have two floors of bliss.

Even Jack of the wood's & O'Flannigans is worthy of a stop.

Granted I didn't clicky on the linky, but the brews cruise should do better.

Now I have to put in my plug for Asheville Brewing Supply. Andy rocks & I am super happy with his service there. Their right across the raod from Asheville Pizza.

Asheville is one great place for beer. You really can't believe the eastern "high altitude" attitude. Its great.

Cheers, come back to asheville often

I felt that there was a lot more beer to drink and places to see, but the tour allowed us to take our time at the places we went instead of being rushed. Definitely want to check out what else Asheville has to offer. After walking around downtown Asheville, I seriously started thinking about moving up there. Just a really cool place to be.

Latest posts

Back