BrewPi powered fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forgetaboudit

Reaction score
Hey everyone, for the last year or so I have been in the process of fine-tuning my fermentation chamber powered by a Raspberry Pi and Brew Pi controller.

My latest addition which I'm currently working on is indicator LEDs that will light to notify me that either the heater is on or the freezer is on. I will order or make up some labels for the box they are mounted in, and for the time being I will just use cord to connect them to their respective SSRs. I will eventually get some nice stainless steel seal tight to run wires through for the LEDs.
I'll also order a blue led for the cooling indicator, i just had the green laying around and used it for mock-up.

I also eventually want to figure out some solution to put that SSR in their own box to clean up the back of the freezer but my concern is heat buildup.

A lot of it looks in disarray as I am currently working out a few bugs in wiring the LEDs nicely and neatly.

Let me know what you think, maybe some tips or ideas?

Hey everyone, for the last year or so I have been in the process of fine-tuning my fermentation chamber powered by a Raspberry Pi and Brew Pi controller.

My latest addition which I'm currently working on is indicator LEDs that will light to notify me that either the heater is on or the freezer is on. I will order or make up some labels for the box they are mounted in, and for the time being I will just use cord to connect them to their respective SSRs. I will eventually get some nice stainless steel seal tight to run wires through for the LEDs.
I'll also order a blue led for the cooling indicator, i just had the green laying around and used it for mock-up.

I also eventually want to figure out some solution to put that SSR in their own box to clean up the back of the freezer but my concern is heat buildup.

A lot of it looks in disarray as I am currently working out a few bugs in wiring the LEDs nicely and neatly.

Let me know what you think, maybe some tips or ideas?
Here are the pictures. I guess I did it wrong in the original post.
20181107_190430.jpeg
20181107_190452.jpeg
1541639343162.jpeg
20181107_190955.jpeg
20181107_191033.jpeg

Are you using the freezer as heat sinks for the SSR's? Brilliant!
Yeah. Now Ive got them in a plastic project box. I will monitor them to make sure they dont get too warm. If they do, I'll mount them inside a metal box.

Anyone have any idea how I can mount the 4 square box to the freezer? I dont know where the freon lines run so I dont want to drill into it. I thought about some PL but I'm not sure I want it permanently mounted...

Anyone have any idea how I can mount the 4 square box to the freezer? I dont know where the freon lines run so I dont want to drill into it. I thought about some PL but I'm not sure I want it permanently mounted...

How about using some larger size rare earth or neodymium magnets?

Latest posts

Back