Brewmaster's Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjohnson2981

Reaction score
Anyone on here associated with Brewmasters Warehouse?

I have placed an order 6 or 7 weeks ago and have yet to see it. I have called and left voicemail and e-mailed with no response.

I would like to know if my order is coming or if I need to order elsewhere. I know sure enough if I just place an order elsewhere they will both end up on my doorstep at the same time.

With todays competition there is no way in hell I would wait 6 weeks with out hearing a damn thing. One of the site I order from sends me a email as soon as my orders posted and another when its shipped. If I have items in my cart but did not buy them they will also send me a email asking if I had any questions about the product or price. They may be able to help me find a alternative. I Would cancel and buy somewhere different

Agreed.. if they won't respond, file a dispute with the credit card agency and if it shows up, just refuse the package and ups/fedex will return it to them.

You see some great prices on some of these "unknown" companies, vice morebeer midwest supplies or northern brewer. I live 90 miles from a local shop so I order a lot online, stick with the bigger names or look for some feedback, if you need stainless fittings try bargain fittings, quick shipping great prices!

I was looking for some ball lock posts, poppets, and other keg parts. Anyone know a good source for them that won't charge an arm and a leg

Amazon prime for the win. Just picked up two chuggers for $291 w/ free 2 day shipping and no tax vs $360 after tax at the LHBS (morebeer). They were actually sold by Homebrewstuff (out of Idaho), but fulfilled by Amazon, making them prime eligible.

My roommate just received a package yesterday from Brewmasterswarehouse that he said he ordered in early December. Not sure what's going on, but I had nothing but good experiences from them in the past. I haven't ordered anything from them in a few months though.

You see some great prices on some of these "unknown" companies, vice morebeer midwest supplies or northern brewer. I live 90 miles from a local shop so I order a lot online, stick with the bigger names or look for some feedback, if you need stainless fittings try bargain fittings, quick shipping great prices!

At one time Brewmaster's Warehouse was a very reputable source for grains online that even had a standing code for 10% off recipe orders for forum members (BBBYO). I used them as one of my sources for years until myself and others started seeing long delays in orders. Ed is a forum member (although he hasn't been active since September). This is one online supplier I would like to see restored to it's "old glory" as it was very nice to be able to create a recipe and order ingredients by the ounce.

I used to be a customer there (in person, as I lived near it up until recently). I've witnessed cycles of good and bad performance for years, but the reliability of ingredients and equipment was REALLY annoying. It got to the point where I couldn't plan a brew day until after I visited the place, or called in and checked off each ingredient.

I quit going and started going to another place much farther away from me.

I go there to get my stuff. I live near by so I have never ordered from them. I went in last week for the first time in awhile and they didn't have much in there. Had to get some yeast and their fridge was pretty much empty. Wanted to get some hardware too but they didn't really have much of that either.

Guess I'll have to find a new shop at least for the short term. Really liked their recipe builder and being able to order odd amounts of things! I had the same issue with my last order from them, took a bit. Was hoping it was a fluke.

This very is disheartening. I though BMW had gotten back to doing business like the good old days. I ordered from them on July 12th, 21st, 25th and got the orders within 2 days.
This cat and mouse business model they keep playing could finish them off for good. It sucks because, for me, it was the best place in the country to order home brew ingredients.
I wish someone would buy them out and stabilize the business. The customer base is already there.

Like the online ordering system and was going to try them but after seeing this I will pass

I ordered exclusively from BMW from January 2012 through April 2013. I loved the BrewBuilder, the ability to view and purchase recipes created by other users, and buying grain by the ounce. My final three orders, however, were plagued with problems: items out of stock with no notice, extremely slow shipping, and terrible communication. I sent them a polite email pointing out these problems in the hopes that they would fix them and I could remain a customer. They never replied, and I never ordered from them again.

the problem is everything is not exactly a pound that is why BMW is different you order the exact amount

Just placed an order with BMW last night. A friend got me a gift certificate for Christmas. I would have rather had cash. Since I am acquiring gear to keg, I ordered a 5 lb. CO2 tank, some acidulated malt and some misc. stuff. Since it is mostly equipment, I hope that there will not be any delays. Here's hoping.

Just placed an order with BMW last night. A friend got me a gift certificate for Christmas. I would have rather had cash. Since I am acquiring gear to keg, I ordered a 5 lb. CO2 tank, some acidulated malt and some misc. stuff. Since it is mostly equipment, I hope that there will not be any delays. Here's hoping.

Good luck...

They are notorious for showing items as in stock on their shopping cart only later to find out that the item is back ordered...

If you don't get a shipping notice by the next day - better start calling.

Good luck...

They are notorious for showing items as in stock on their shopping cart only later to find out that the item is back ordered...

If you don't get a shipping notice by the next day - better start calling.

Yep - just called. Was told they should get to the order Monday. But wait! Guess what? They are out of C02 tanks! And the person who does the ordering won't be in until Monday, so i can't find out until then when they will be in :mad:.

I am definitely telling my friend not to get me gift certificates to BMW again. I'll turn her on to Kegconnection :rockin:!

Yep - just called. Was told they should get to the order Monday. But wait! Guess what? They are out of C02 tanks! And the person who does the ordering won't be in until Monday, so i can't find out until then when they will be in :mad:.

I am definitely telling my friend not to get me gift certificates to BMW again. I'll turn her on to Kegconnection :rockin:!

Now for the update ... Several calls over the past month at weekly intervals. Kept getting the same guy on the phone. Each time was told that the CO2 tank still wasn't in and that he would check and get back to me later in the day, or the next day. Never called. Called today and someone else answered the phone. Gave him my order number, and the first thing out of his mouth was "Oh, wow, we haven't had these tanks for months." And when I asked when he thought they might get some, he said he didn't think that were going to be carrying them anymore, and that he couldn't believe that they were still on the website. (And as of this posting at 12:30 CST they still are listed for sale and in stock.) So after some discussion, he said that I can cancel the order and have my friend call and get her money back. Of course I have to find the gift certificate first - pretty sure I still have it - will have to look when I get home. So I will get the money that she intended me to have, but in the meantime I have a kegged beer ready to go and can't dispense it :mad:.

tl;dr - BMW is not carrying CO2 tanks right now and I won't be ordering from them again.

I had a similar experience a couple of times. It even happened with ingredients. At that point we parted ways. Too bad. I liked their recipe tool for ordering.

Been waiting for a month and a week for a bazooka screen. I received shipments/goods to a tent in the Middle East while deployed faster than they can send a product stateside. Also, you'd think they would at least call and tell you they are out of something when they see you placed the order, so you aren't waiting around and anticipating something that isn't coming. Worst customer support and business I've come across in a while, and considering I deal with comcast for cable, that's saying something.

So Atlanta area people, are there other stores in the area that have the inventory like brewmasters did? I always went in there to get stuff and I know of a couple other places in the area but nobody had as much stuff as they did. The last couple times I went in there the pickings were slim and would like to try to find somewhere else.

So Atlanta area people, are there other stores in the area that have the inventory like brewmasters did? I always went in there to get stuff and I know of a couple other places in the area but nobody had as much stuff as they did. The last couple times I went in there the pickings were slim and would like to try to find somewhere else.

God I would hope so... They didn't have any hard to find items as it was & there prices are very high... Particularly hops...

I had the same experience. Stopped in there on my way through ATL on a business trip as a "destination" LHBS and was very disappointed. Very little stock and the guys working just did not seem to mind telling "nope, we dont have any of that in stock" when I asked.

Brew Necessities was my fallback, up there off of Old Alabama Road and 400. Decent selection, and they never left me hanging.

Went in there once when Doug from Just Brew It was on vacation. They had just enough for me to get enough for a Bells Two Hearted clone I came up with.

Just Brew It recently changed owners, but man they have a hell of an inventory and great shop. They are really trying to ramp up the online ordering system, not sure where they are at with it...

I bounce around between brew depot in Alpharetta and beer & winecraft in sandy springs. Get all my hops from beer and winecraft as they seem to be the only place that keeps pellets cold (never been to barley and vine though...).

Just heard from a fellow homebrewer here in atl that this place is abutting down next week. If you have orders pending I would call and get all your info off their brew builder if you save it there. This sux because I work down the street and would order and pick up same day. No good lhbs close with good prices, going to have to start paying for shipping.

Just learned Brewer's Warehouse has closed. No surprise here.

Screwer's Warehouse

Sad to see a homebrew store close, especially one that had such a good online presence. I really wish they would have at least sent out an email or left the website up for a few days so people could copy over their recipe books. I have stuff up there that I never got to copy to BeerSmith :(

That stinks I put in a couple of big orders with them over the years, they seemed like they were doing it right a few years ago anyway.

Back