Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ed,
thank you for being my 'local' brewshop...even though i live 18 hours away in NY.
it's homey-er online than in the actual LHBS, better service too.

what are the chances order E4C1F898 will ship tomorow so i can brew on saturday morning? I sent an email last night and on 6/1/11 but i'm not sure if they went through.

ed,
thank you for being my 'local' brewshop...even though i live 18 hours away in NY.
it's homey-er online than in the actual LHBS, better service too.

Yep, it's really hard to call that hardware store a LHBS. Its really just that, a hardware store with home brew supply.

Ed, Brewmasters Warehouse is terrific. I'm in Pennsylvania and I only buy from you. My local HBS is cool and the guys are great but I just can't get a lot of the ingredients that I need to make the styles I like.

Ed - placed an order on Monday and it's still "pending". Can you check on it? I sent an email through the site yesterday AM, but didn't hear back. Was hoping to brew this weekend :(

1F14CCE3

Ed - placed an order on Monday and it's still "pending". Can you check on it? I sent an email through the site yesterday AM, but didn't hear back. Was hoping to brew this weekend :(

1F14CCE3

Sorry for not getting back to you. Our long over due shipment came in yesterday and after it arrived we were focused on getting things shipped out. I have asked our manager to send you an email regarding what is up with your order if he has not already responded.

Thanks,

Ed

Just got an email from Steve. Best customer service. I've only had a couple hiccups w/ orders and both times you've come through. Thanks again.

Yep, it's really hard to call that hardware store a LHBS. Its really just that, a hardware store with home brew supply.

yes!!!!!! runs4beer you know of the evil dank basement that is cornell's brewshop? damn. but yea it's slightly embarassing but in westchester i haven't seen or heard of another brewshop...i use em to get bottles exclusively and brewmasters warehouse for anything else.

yes!!!!!! runs4beer you know of the evil dank basement that is cornell's brewshop? damn. but yea it's slightly embarassing but in westchester i haven't seen or heard of another brewshop...i use em to get bottles exclusively and brewmasters warehouse for anything else.

The only reason cornell's exists (still) is that there is NOT a HBS in the county the closest is an hours + drive into CT and there you will find very nice and knowable owners (authors of Clone Brews) so an online source like Brewmasters Warehouse is Key. That and group buy with a home brew club.

thanks for getting my order shipped today! I guess i'm just spoiled from you guys usually getting orders outwith 48hours, that when it takes a little longer i was just being impatient. Thanks again!

As I've mentioned before, I've used BMW before and they are great! Fast accurate, and most importantly good prices!

Example: I got an itch to brew something this weekend, so I stopped by my LHBS and got the ingredients. Just out of curiosity I punched the recipe into their BrewBuilder™ and with shipping included, I would have saved $10!

I'm punching two more recipes into my cart right now....

Ed - I'm a loyal customer, never even bother shopping online elsewhere, and only use my LHBS for yeast, specialty grains, etc. now. I've noticed over the past year your order history tracking just doesn't work anymore. My orders say "pending" until days after they've arrived at my doorstop. Usually the orders arrive with in 3-4 days, which is ridiculously fast. This week I placed an order on Monday, and was really hoping it would arrive Friday or Saturday leaving me Father's Day afternoon to brew. While I can't complain about the shipping speed on this order (because usually you just ship so darn fast), I am disappointed in the order tracking. I used to be able to hop into my account and very quickly track where in the U.S. my package was, allowing me to plan my brew days (or non-brew days) accordingly. Any plans to get the order tracking fixed? I know it can work, because I used to check it several times a day I was so excited for my stuff to arrive :).

I also placed an order on the 13th hoping I would get it by the weekend. My account still says pending and I have not gotten a reply from the email I sent to the site. Hopefully my yeast won't end up in a warehouse over this coming weekend to bake. I figured ordering from Atlanta would be quick, I guess I am wrong on this one.
Order # 44B82C95

I placed an order last Tuesday with the hope that it would arrive for Father's Day, but I talked to Ed and Steve, and they said there is a backlog on orders, but that they hope to ship everything out as soon as possible. I'm sure the yeast isn't just sitting somewhere getting warm!

I also placed an order on June 13th, hoping to have it by the 18th for brewing. That didn't happen so my yeast starters are sitting around just waiting for some wort.

My order still says pending, I have contacted BMW twice and they have responded saying the order will be shipped the next day, which turned out to be not true.

I also placed an order on June 13th, hoping to have it by the 18th for brewing. That didn't happen so my yeast starters are sitting around just waiting for some wort.

My order still says pending, I have contacted BMW twice and they have responded saying the order will be shipped the next day, which turned out to be not true.

This is what went on with me too. My Wife/Kids bought me some stuff and were going to help Daddy brew on Father's Day. According to the email I got it should be shipping out of their store today.

I always give the benefit of the doubt to retailers because I know how busy it can get. You would think though, if they are that busy wouldn't it be wise to hire another person to pack orders and further improve business? Thing is, we have no idea if there was some other extraordinary circumstance that may be affecting order times.

Compared to Northern Brewer this will be twice as long as I normally wait. Not completely happy with my first order experience but I will be giving BMW a try at least one more time. If it improves they will probably be my number one since the brew builder and prices are exceptional. But shipping times can be really important for us brewers.

No real complaints yet. Just being patient and anticipating the arrival of my new goodies.

I was operating under the assumption that my order shipped the day I ordered it since my credit card was charged. Isn't it common practice to not charge the card until the order ships? I was truly placing the blame with Fedex on this one, but reading the above, maybe BMW is the issue? I'll withhold judgement until Ed responds here, he always does.

I know that normally they have incredible turn around time. I was in the store Saturday and it was packed (all us fathers wanting to brew). Not making excuses for them or anyone, but just saying that normally they're on top of it and have everything shipped same day unless it's out of stock

I was operating under the assumption that my order shipped the day I ordered it since my credit card was charged. Isn't it common practice to not charge the card until the order ships? I was truly placing the blame with Fedex on this one, but reading the above, maybe BMW is the issue? I'll withhold judgement until Ed responds here, he always does.

That is what happens. My card was charged the day I ordered and like I said, an email was sent Saturday saying my order would ship today. So my card was billed 7 days ago.

It is usually a standard business practice to bill only when packing the items in to the boxes. I have in fact had money stolen from me this way before. But I trust BMW based on reputation on HBT a lot more than the other places I ordered from, so I would never accuse BMW of this.

This is what went on with me too. My Wife/Kids bought me some stuff and were going to help Daddy brew on Father's Day. According to the email I got it should be shipping out of their store today.

I always give the benefit of the doubt to retailers because I know how busy it can get. You would think though, if they are that busy wouldn't it be wise to hire another person to pack orders and further improve business? Thing is, we have no idea if there was some other extraordinary circumstance that may be affecting order times.

Compared to Northern Brewer this will be twice as long as I normally wait. Not completely happy with my first order experience but I will be giving BMW a try at least one more time. If it improves they will probably be my number one since the brew builder and prices are exceptional. But shipping times can be really important for us brewers.

No real complaints yet. Just being patient and anticipating the arrival of my new goodies.

I've placed about 8-10 orders over the last year and a half and this is the first time I've ever had an issue. Like my OP said, usually my stuff arrives within 3-4 days (GA to Chicago) in perfect shape, well packaged, even with a hand written note once. Plus they'll give you extra hops if the AAU of the ones they have in stock are less than what you purchased via the website. All in all, great service. They're worth another shot if this is the first time you've ordered. Just bad timing, I guess.

That being said, I am angry my credit card was charged when I placed the order and not when it shipped. That shouldn't happen at any e-tailer. Place a hold to authorize the card (like gas pumps), sure, but don't charge the whole amount.

I've placed about 8-10 orders over the last year and a half and this is the first time I've ever had an issue. Like my OP said, usually my stuff arrives within 3-4 days (GA to Chicago) in perfect shape, well packaged, even with a hand written note once. Plus they'll give you extra hops if the AAU of the ones they have in stock are less than what you purchased via the website. All in all, great service. They're worth another shot if this is the first time you've ordered. Just bad timing, I guess.

That being said, I am angry my credit card was charged when I placed the order and not when it shipped. That shouldn't happen at any e-tailer. Place a hold to authorize the card (like gas pumps), sure, but don't charge the whole amount.

In this case I think my assumption is right. Beginning of summer, Father's Day, and warm weather has lots of big orders coming in.

As I mentioned I am not yet faulting BMW for this. After all, it was my choice to wait till Father's Day week to place the order so it's not really like they ruined my plans. It is just that I have never had brew supply store take this long so I was a bit surprised.

But again, not really upset just wasn't expecting it. I will look forward to placing another order later this summer to see how that goes.

On the credit card charges before the order is shipped I have to agree with you. When I ship stuff out of my office I have customers that call me the same day when they see a charge and ask for tracking number. If I told them that the order wouldn't ship yet for another 6 days they would quit using our services.

That is the thing that irritates me. If you have stock problems, do not charge someone's credit card. It has been 7 days since my credit card has been charged and the order has not shipped out. I did not get a confirmation email or anything when I placed my order. I thought it was weird, but thought it was OK since they went ahead and took out the money. I would be more understanding if they would respond when emailed or an order is placed.

Wow guys let me say that I am very sorry for all of the issues with stock and shipping slowness. We are a no excuses type company and I take full responsibility for you guys not getting to brew in the time frame you wanted.

Here is what is currently going on: We are/have receiving/received literally tons of inventory last week and this week. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 tons of inventory. We are also backlogged due to the insane amount of orders that came in for Father's Day. I have opened up all of our employees to work from open to close until we are caught up with everything which should be later this week.

For those of you that have been with us for a while already know this situation is very unusual for us, and it can be related in part to some of the conventions that I have been traveling to this month. We have a great staff that works hard and knows what to do but sometimes it helps to have the head of the snake to keep things running smoothly, especially when orders come flying in. The good news is that I am back as of today, though barely as I am still jet lagged like crazy coming back from San Diego.

We really appreciate all of the support, and we also feel terrible for the time it has taken to get orders out. The credit cards being charged immediately is a new complaint for us and I will look into processing the cards differently. I am by no means an expert on these things and I will talk to the processor on how to improve things for you guys. We have been open for nearly 3 years and this is the first time I have heard a bunch of people say something about it. Of course this is probably as far behind as we have ever been.

If you have any order specific questions please use the contact form on our website. If you do not get a response in 24 hours please feel free to email me about your order. ed at brewmasterswarehouse dot com

Thanks,

Ed

Credit card thing probably stems from you guys never really having been behind before. :)

Thanks for the above response Ed. When I saw the order had not shipped last week I pretty much assumed what was up. I don't hold grudges for things out of your control so I will be trying another order later this year. I am sure that future order will mend the slow processing on this one.

For the credit card issue, maybe it has never happened to you before but I have had money stolen from me twice in this manner. Don't think that I am saying you would do this, I see your reputation on here and am not worried at all. Otherwise I would have put a hold on the CC payment. But it does happen and it is just a principle of transfer of ownership takes place when the package is on the truck for delivery.

Thanks Ed

Thanks for the above response Ed. When I saw the order had not shipped last week I pretty much assumed what was up. I don't hold grudges for things out of your control so I will be trying another order later this year. I am sure that future order will mend the slow processing on this one.

For the credit card issue, maybe it has never happened to you before but I have had money stolen from me twice in this manner. Don't think that I am saying you would do this, I see your reputation on here and am not worried at all. Otherwise I would have put a hold on the CC payment. But it does happen and it is just a principle of transfer of ownership takes place when the package is on the truck for delivery.

Thanks Ed

I totally understand on the CC thing. Even if it has not been an issue and even if it will never be an issue in the future I will still look into it and see what can be done to make this better for you guys.

Ed, thanks for the response. Truly means a lot that you're willing to take the criticism in stride in order to improve the process and keep your customers happy. I think rollinred is right, and maybe your speed in the past is what triggered my frustration this time. I've always assumed in the past the order shipped once my card was charged, so I was simply looking forward to my brewday once I saw the charge on 6/13. My kids actually enjoy brewing with dad (safe stuff only, I assure everyone), and they were just as disappointed as I was yesterday. I just checked and saw my order has been shipped and the tracking info is working. All is well, and rest assured you haven't lost a customer here, just solidified a relationship by responding to the criticism. Thanks.

Hey Ed,

I know this forum isn't the place to do this but I just got an email that my order had a few out of stock parts. I wrote back asking if we could just cancel those parts but I think I found a better way than canceling, that is, if you have the other stuff I need.

I am sending an email directly to you so hopefully you can intercept my previous request to cancel those before the rest of my order ships.

I am kind of in emergency stage at the moment. Its my brothers 21st birthday on Friday. So we are going to be making beer for the big ole' 21. That is if I can get my one keg working to free up my fermetor and find yeast for his kit.

Anyway, sending email shortly.

Thanks again.

Hey Ed,

I know this forum isn't the place to do this but I just got an email that my order had a few out of stock parts. I wrote back asking if we could just cancel those parts but I think I found a better way than canceling, that is, if you have the other stuff I need.

I am sending an email directly to you so hopefully you can intercept my previous request to cancel those before the rest of my order ships.

I am kind of in emergency stage at the moment. Its my brothers 21st birthday on Friday. So we are going to be making beer for the big ole' 21. That is if I can get my one keg working to free up my fermetor and find yeast for his kit.

Anyway, sending email shortly.

Thanks again.

No worries man. I copied you in on the email I sent to the guys about your situation. I will follow up with them tomorrow and make sure that your package goes out tomorrow. Just don't get worried if you do not get a shipping email until the afternoon, you will get one.

Thanks,

Ed

In all fairness to BMW, or anywhere you order from online, maybe we shouldnt "assume" or "expect" orders to come within a certain timeframe. Some of you guys are expecting an unreal timeframe from an online vendor. How can you place an order on a monday and complain when it doesnt get there by the weekend? Maybe BMW is spoiling us by getting orders out so quickly? Or maybe i dont understand because i dont have a LHBS and rely on online vendors for everything. I know to give at least 2 weeks before i expect anything so i shop accordingly. And being busy is a good sign, so maybe a little slack could be let out. Just my opinion

In all fairness to BMW, or anywhere you order from online, maybe we shouldnt "assume" or "expect" orders to come within a certain timeframe. Some of you guys are expecting an unreal timeframe from an online vendor. How can you place an order on a monday and complain when it doesnt get there by the weekend? Maybe BMW is spoiling us by getting orders out so quickly? Or maybe i dont understand because i dont have a LHBS and rely on online vendors for everything. I know to give at least 2 weeks before i expect anything so i shop accordingly. And being busy is a good sign, so maybe a little slack could be let out. Just my opinion

As I mentioned before, it wasn't that I expected it by the weekend. It was that normally I would either have the stuff by the weekend or that I would have a notice of what the status is.

Lets put it this way. Ed has had personal correspondence with me and I think he realizes that what happened this week, albeit unfortunate, was not the way he does or ever wants to do business. I can understand completely that some stuff may take a while, especially when it is a busy weekend.

I won't go in to detail about all of it because I choose to not bad mouth a company I have only dealt with once. At this point I feel that everyone at BMW is not happy about not being able to fill peoples orders in their "normal" time frame and they are doing everything they can to get this straight.

That is all I can ask for right now and I respect them for that.

I will be looking forward to ordering from them in the future because I think they clearly offer the best format and prices for ordering this type of product. I can not lie though when I say that the ordering process through the other suppliers has been much smoother than this from BMW; however, I will not let a busy summer week be my judge of their business.

No worries man. I copied you in on the email I sent to the guys about your situation. I will follow up with them tomorrow and make sure that your package goes out tomorrow. Just don't get worried if you do not get a shipping email until the afternoon, you will get one.

Thanks,

Ed

Thank you Ed,

I don't mean to be the "squeeky wheel" or anything but I do appreciate you helping out.

Ed, does Brewmaster's Warehouse sell extract kits. I love brewbuilder when i am ordering my own recipes and I love that FEDEX gets packages from you to me overnight.

Sometimes I want to brew a kit rather than my own recipe. I don't trust all the recipes on brewbuilder because no one ever rates them. But, I would try a brewmaster's recipe.

Thanks.

I guess I feel good that my order has just said pending since last friday seeing some of this ... anyway, I understand delays totally as I am in retail and sometimes my suppliers let me down .. and then I let my customers down ... I do think the card being charged before the order ships thing needs to be looked into asap though ... i don't use credit cards in my life anymore (long story) I only use a debit card .. so if i wanted to cancel an order, due to a dely, I'd now have to wait for the money to go back into my checking account before I could go to my local homebrew store and spend it .. the swmbo allows me very specific money for this hobby (another long story) .. and those refunds can take several days ... just my thoughts .. looking forward to brewing this weekend though so I hope my order gets out today ...

Back