Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There had been some talk about people getting slow service, but it was around NHC so take it with a grain of salt.

I just placed an order on Friday and on Monday got my email saying it was shipped. I've had nothing but great service from them and even received a phone call when something on my order went out of stock.

Now if I could just get them to open a store near me and they can be my LHBS.

I just placed my 16th order with BMW. I've been very happy with the quality and price of everything I've ordered. Shipping seems to be a little bit on the slow side, but I'm pretty good at planning my brews in advance, so I rarely need anything right away, and it is only $6.99, so I don't care if it takes a day or two longer to get to me than other stores. Plus, HBTers get a 10% discount on all orders! :mug:

Thanks for the review. I will definitely check these guys out next time I order grains. Not bad even for shipping.

Hey Ed, back on May 21st I stopped by to pick up a Kolsch Extract. I'm not sure who helped with my order, but it came out great! I picked up the Shoultz-Meyer Brewery Cold One Kolsch - but swapped out the Nottingham yeast for Wyeast Kolsch yeast. I told the guy doing the order (Scott? I forget) - that I liked a little more hop flavor than a traditional Kolsch, so he recommended adding an ounce of Saaz Czech pellets with 5 minutes left. (had 2 ounces of Saaz to start with).

I finally got to taste it over the weekend. It came out beautiful! I really should have kept the guys name that helped with the order. I'm real happy with his recommendations and it came out great. (now I just have to get over there and order up another batch - this one will go quickly!)

I just placed my 16th order with BMW. I've been very happy with the quality and price of everything I've ordered. Shipping seems to be a little bit on the slow side, but I'm pretty good at planning my brews in advance, so I rarely need anything right away, and it is only $6.99, so I don't care if it takes a day or two longer to get to me than other stores. Plus, HBTers get a 10% discount on all orders! :mug:

I always get stuff from them incredibly quickly, usually several days faster than the other shops I've ordered from (which are also great). Everyone is always within their predicted window, but BMW tends to land on the near side of it and the other guys tend to land closer to the far side. I'm sure a lot of it just has to do with the geography of UPS routes, etc.

I did get a slow shipment during NHC, as others have mentioned. It sounds like they had some growing pains. Anyway, they seemed to have handled it reasonably well so I can respect that.

I always get stuff from them incredibly quickly, usually several days faster than the other shops I've ordered from (which are also great). Everyone is always within their predicted window, but BMW tends to land on the near side of it and the other guys tend to land closer to the far side. I'm sure a lot of it just has to do with the geography of UPS routes, etc.

I did get a slow shipment during NHC, as others have mentioned. It sounds like they had some growing pains. Anyway, they seemed to have handled it reasonably well so I can respect that.

I always get my stuff quickly, and a response via email very quickly when I have an issue.

I highly recommend them. I'm going to be placing an order this week, as a matter of fact!

I crush my own grain, so I've never seen their crush but I also love that I can buy whatever quantities of grains I want. I love their flat rate shipping, and they almost always have what I want.

Lucky for me they are my local brew shop.(10 miles from here) They moved to a MUCH larger location toward the end of the year and have a much larger stock now. The only thing bad about it is they are crytonite for my wallet. I walk in to spend $10 and leave spending $50 plus everytime.

Thanks for all of the great reviews guys. I am printing this thread out and sharing with the guys since they are really the ones behind all of the great service you get.

Thanks,

Ed

I started out using AHS, but switched to them when they opened and was in NOVA since their shipping to my location was quicker than AHS. When I started doing All Grain/BIAB asked them to double crush grains, and consistently had around 80% eff. Moved to CO this year and switched back to AHS due to them being closer, but ready to switch Back. With AHS doing a "double crush" my eff has dropped to 65%.

Hey Ed, I ordered some stuff 2 days ago and I haven't received an email or anything about it. I got shipping confirmations for my first two orders the same day I ordered them so I thought I'd ask what's going on.

Hey Ed, I ordered some stuff 2 days ago and I haven't received an email or anything about it. I got shipping confirmations for my first two orders the same day I ordered them so I thought I'd ask what's going on.

You could just email BMW directly.

You could just email BMW directly.

+100000000

I never understood how this thread turned into a customer service center. I dont understand why people air dirty laundry (all of which is handled professionally and resolved appropriately) in a public manner puzzles me.

MrNic said:

It is most likely going to ship out today but I will know more when I get to the store. I am sure you will get a response to your email as well once we get things rolling this morning.

Thanks,

Ed

Just got my second order from BMW. Ordered tues at 4:00pm. Arrived thurs. Outstanding! First order was the same. Will be placing all orders from them from now on. Saving me tons of money & time driving.
Thanks
Nate

I have to agree with everyone. I've always got great service from them. I've even gotten a phone call when something on my order was out of stock. Their prices are great and shipping is fast too. I placed an order yesterday and according to fed ex it will be here Saturday. Can't wait to brew on Sunday. Thanks BMW!

Ed,

Being a business person myself, I just want to say it is refreshing when a company gets IT.

You guys do. I ordered the Payback porter AG sale recipe and asked for the dry yeast instead of liquid.

To my suprise while I was looking at my bank account you credit my account for the difference in liquid vs. dry yeast pricing on an already great priced recipe. I did not ask or expect this credit to my account.

Thank you for great customer service and going the extra step.

In my business book there are two things that seperate a business.

1. Going the extra step on your own
2. Be upfront and admit you did something wrong and make it right. Good companies get it right 98% of the time. What the company does on the other 2% is what matters.

You guys do both of the above well.

Cheers to many more orders.

Michael

Ordered 2 payback porter kits, and some other ingredients. Can't wait to brew again. Thanks for a great price on the kit, Ed.

flipfloptan said:
Ed,

Being a business person myself, I just want to say it is refreshing when a company gets IT.

You guys do. I ordered the Payback porter AG sale recipe and asked for the dry yeast instead of liquid.

To my suprise while I was looking at my bank account you credit my account for the difference in liquid vs. dry yeast pricing on an already great priced recipe. I did not ask or expect this credit to my account.

Thank you for great customer service and going the extra step.

In my business book there are two things that seperate a business.

1. Going the extra step on your own
2. Be upfront and admit you did something wrong and make it right. Good companies get it right 98% of the time. What the company does on the other 2% is what matters.

You guys do both of the above well.

Cheers to many more orders.

Michael

Thank you very much.

Ed

I love BMW. I think I stop by their storefront about once a week to pick up some new ingredients. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful. I love the fact that I can order online and pick up at the store so I do not have to waste a trip if they dont have an ingredient in stock at that particular moment. If they do not they will call me to let me know which is awesome.

We do have them. in drilled. Order a #3 if you do not see the #2 on the site and put in the special instructions that you want a #2 and we will make sure it gets in there.

Thanks,

Ed

Gah.. Wish I had known that when I placed my order on Monday. I was looking for #2 drilled stoppers but didn't see them on the website.

Do you carry Belgian corks and cages as well, by chance?

Still.. Got my order today. Very happy with it and the service I have always received from BMW. I've gone without the corks and cages simply because I don't want to order from anywhere else.:eek:

Gah.. Wish I had known that when I placed my order on Monday. I was looking for #2 drilled stoppers but didn't see them on the website.

Do you carry Belgian corks and cages as well, by chance?

Still.. Got my order today. Very happy with it and the service I have always received from BW. I've gone without the corks and cages simply because I don't want to order from anywhere else.:eek:

Sorry about the #2's.

No cages and corks at this time but that will change here pretty soon.

Thanks,

Ed

I just received my Brewmaster's Warehouse shipment in less than 29 hours! (using the $6.99 special) I even asked for the grains to be crushed and separated, and all was done perfectly. Thanks a low BMW, I'm impressed again!

-Ben

Ed,
From your website it looks like you might ship to Canada now. Is this true, and can you give me a rough estimate on shipping a standard sized AG recipe to Victoria BC?

Cheers!
WCH

If possible, you should consider also carrying D2 syrup from Dark Candi, Inc. for Belgian beers. I find the D2 and D-180 to be quite different, with the D2 having a distinct smoothness, while the D-180 is a little acrid and burnt.

Back