Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my beergun and stainless racking cane as well as my ingredients from your cyber monday sale- don't know if I thanked you in my other post but I just wanted to say you rock, yet again. Thanks Ed!

ok Im not much of a complainer but I received my order and my edmond fitz grain bag was split open Im sure it was a bad seal. No, I didnt call or try and contact. I just thought I would let you know. There was no cut in bottom of box and it sucked being a pound short on my grain bill ref #7D93977D. I think the bag are on the bottom and the peanuts are poured on top. Any way sorry to complain

ok Im not much of a complainer but I received my order and my edmond fitz grain bag was split open Im sure it was a bad seal. No, I didnt call or try and contact. I just thought I would let you know. There was no cut in bottom of box and it sucked being a pound short on my grain bill ref #7D93977D. I think the bag are on the bottom and the peanuts are poured on top. Any way sorry to complain

Do not be sorry. We like to know these things. I can count on 1 hand the number of times we have had a bad seal on a bag of grain. Please let us know about these things, and we will take care of you. We may not be perfect every time but we do make up for our mistakes.

Thanks,

Ed

Got gobs of grain, yeast, and other stuff from Ed (cyber monday, yesssssss).

One complaint: please consider moving to bio peanuts. I'm not mr. super-green, but when the wind hits those things on garbage day, they ruin the neighborhood. I have a fingernails-on-chalkboard chewing-on-tinfoil relationship with those plastic peanuts.

So, back to the lovin', you can have all my business in the future. Thanks.

First time ordering from them? I don't think I've ever orderded from them that that hasn't happened

No, not at all, actually. After really slow ship times and poor customer service about 2 yrs ago from another on line vendor on this site , I switched to BMW and haven't looked back.

What did surprise me was the quick shipment so soon after the cyber Monday sale

Again, well done Ed.

What did surprise me was the quick shipment so soon after the cyber Monday sale

Again, well done Ed.

What was surprising to me that with all the order shipping we were doing I completely forgot that our 2 year anniversary of opening was last Friday.

At least I do not forget my wedding anniversary.

Ed

What was surprising to me that with all the order shipping we were doing I completely forgot that our 2 year anniversary of opening was last Friday.

At least I do not forget my wedding anniversary.

Ed

Congrats on you your 2 year anniversary! :mug:
I love buying stuff from you guys!

One complaint: please consider moving to bio peanuts. I'm not mr. super-green, but when the wind hits those things on garbage day, they ruin the neighborhood. I have a fingernails-on-chalkboard chewing-on-tinfoil relationship with those plastic peanuts.

I don't much care for the peanuts either. I do a lot of shipping and my preferred packing material is actually newsprint which you can often get in large rolls for cheap (or even free) if you have a local newspaper printer.

Another perfect order from the Warehouse. Not easily impressed but all I can say is Wow!! Ordered on Friday, Delivered on Wednesday and much to my surprise an upgrade.

Thanks Brewmasters Warehouse. No reason to look anywhere else!!

TD

I don't much care for the peanuts either. I do a lot of shipping and my preferred packing material is actually newsprint which you can often get in large rolls for cheap (or even free) if you have a local newspaper printer.

I agree, I love everything about Brewmasters except opening up the box and having to fish around in that static clingy nightmare of padding. Never mind the fact that my cat and dog both destroy the peanuts so I'm left with little bits everywhere.

Hey BMW-

How is shipping going to be affected by the holidays? I've got a brewdate planned for Dec 29th and I'm wondering when I should order.

i think they are bio-peanuts?

put one in a glass of water once.

Hey BMW-

How is shipping going to be affected by the holidays? I've got a brewdate planned for Dec 29th and I'm wondering when I should order.

I would just recommend ordering as soon as you can. This time of year FedEx and UPS do not guarantee any delivery times due to the very high volumes. So I would not chance it by waiting until the last minute.

Thanks,

Ed

First-time customer. Make that a very happy first time customer. I placed my order on Sunday. I was hoping for but not expecting my order by the end of this week so I could brew after Christmas.

My package arrived today!

I like your brew-builder tool too.

Cheers!

very happy customer of BMW. I don't order online since they're close (well... closer than anyone else in ATL). In fact I'll be stopping by there early on Friday to make a purchase and brew for the new year. Wish I could figure out a way to order online and pay/pickup at the store... then I could run in, pay and get back out before I spend every last dime I have in there...

Wish I could figure out a way to order online and pay/pickup at the store... then I could run in, pay and get back out before I spend every last dime I have in there...

On the site when you go to check out set the shipping method to "In Store Pick Up"

Dammit Ed, it seem like I am always ordering around the time of the preferred customer event change and I hold out until I can't anymore...then I order and the next day or so I get the email with the new event! :p

I just wanted to post a quick message that BMW will be closed today due to the winter storm that has hit Georgia. I am deeply sorry for the extra delay in shipping orders.

6 inches of snow hit last night and the weather reports show freezing rain all day long today.

Sorry,

Ed

I just wanted to post a quick message that BMW will be closed today due to the winter storm that has hit Georgia. I am deeply sorry for the extra delay in shipping orders.

6 inches of snow hit last night and the weather reports show freezing rain all day long today.

Sorry,

Ed

we got about 8 inches in the Adairsville/Kingston area.. even had a thunder snow storm last night.. that was cool

Yes you can keep adding to it. Just remember to click set shipping. :)

On a side note to the closing, FedEx Ground is not running today either, so even if we were open the packages would just sit in the store until tomorrow.

The forecast isn't looking like it is going to improve any over the next several days with another wave of precipitation potentially coming thru mid week. I wouldn't be surprised if most businesses don't open at all for most of the week unless the salt trucks can keep the ice cleared. I doubt most people could afford to be closed for so long though. Going to be interesting for sure. Stay safe and warm guys.

Tonight/Tomorrow is supposed to be worse than today/last night.

everything is frozen over and today added freezing rain and sleet to the mix.
My office, by Dobbins, was closed today and its looking like we will most likely be closed tomorrow too.

Are you serious, you closed for only 6" of snow? LOL The wife and I shoveled 4" of snow Sat morning by hand (it wasn't worth starting the snowblower), then we left for the day came back to 6" more snow. We left it till morning, then fired up to snowblower to clean the drive so we could pull the car out of the garage, so we could brew. About 10 mile east of us got dumped on. Over 24" in 24 hours. About time it missed us. Guess that's why they call it the snow belt here. So far just a normal winter here.

take care. (ps still wish they would close up here when we get 6" of snow tho. lol.

Are you serious, you closed for only 6" of snow? LOL The wife and I shoveled 4" of snow Sat morning by hand (it wasn't worth starting the snowblower), then we left for the day came back to 6" more snow. We left it till morning, then fired up to snowblower to clean the drive so we could pull the car out of the garage, so we could brew. About 10 mile east of us got dumped on. Over 24" in 24 hours. About time it missed us. Guess that's why they call it the snow belt here. So far just a normal winter here.

take care. (ps still wish they would close up here when we get 6" of snow tho. lol.

you have to remember a few things about snow in Georgia. first, we don't have the snow removal equipment like you do up north. they have more now than they did several yeas ago but it's not close to what you guys have. second, our roads are crowned to promote rain run off.. crowned a lot more than up north. now here's the killer part... when the snow first hits our roads, it melts.. then refreezes as ice. currently there's about 3/4 inch ice layers under the snow. then add in our roads are on hills, curves, loaded with curving bridges. I spent a couple years in North Dakota... I spent a couple years in Germany.. both places get a LOT more snow than Georgia. I can drive just fin on snow, in those places. I don't care who has 4 wheel drive, it just means 4 wheels spinning on ice

The snow is a little of the problem, but the big problem is that these southern cities don't get a lot of snow. That means that they really don't have a whole lot of trucks to clear the roads with. The temps will raise during the day and then quickly drop, which is the real problem. The ice on the roads is the terrible part.

I lived in Montana for 19 months and we never shut anything down. When it snowed it would be a whole heck of a lot colder, which would help stave off the ice on the roads. Everybody is always like you got how much snow and they shut down everything. If you don't get it often then people don't know how to drive in it and the cities don't know how to clear it.

ah, was checking the status of BMW...placed my order thursday...oh well, probably won't be able to brew til next week anyway...stay safe up there!

The removal of snow and the lack of salt is by far the biggest issue. A snow plow or salt truck has never been down my street and never will. To make matter worse literally the only "streets" that ever see plows or salt are the highways. Even a short 3-4 mile commute on heavily trafficked streets is dangerous. The roads are completely covered in ice and nothing but freezing rain today which of course is nothing but ice now with temps below freezing. I understand that it is very hard to understand when you do not live in the south how 6 inches of snow and some freezing rain shut down the city, but it does down here due to the lack of ability to deal with the cold, snow and ice. I grew up and lived in Rochester, NY (average snow fall is 95 inches a year) for the first 21 years of my life. Snow and cold are not a big deal to me, but I will say that the roads down here are way more dangerous here than they ever were in Rochester, NY. I tried to get to the store today and turned around half way there due to the the fact I was tired of driving on top of a skating rink without being in a Zamboni.

No one wants to be at the shop shipping orders more than I do. I am deeply and personally sorry for the delays in shipping orders. I care way more about our service than our bottom line. I am hoping to be at work tomorrow and shipping orders at full capacity, but I am not sure if that is 100% possible given the current conditions in the metro Atlanta area (not all the employees live as close to the store as I do). I can promise you this though, We will process and ship your order as soon as possible and we will do our best to ensure that all orders are shipped as fast as possible. Beyond that I can not really guarantee anything. Here is to hoping tomorrow is a better weather day than today.

Ed

I grew up in Rochester as well! Garbage plates ftw!

I can also say that compared to Rochester, Boston is fairly pathetic when it comes to handling snow. They call 2-3 inches "nor'easters" and often close down schools and businesses before even one snowflake falls... lol. I've had days off of work where I decide it's a great day to go out and do errands... makes no sense to me. I can only imagine how they react in Georgia.

yeah, here in Houston, we'll get a dusting of snow or some freezing rain once in an Avery's White Rascal (way better than a Blue Moon) and they just about declare a state of emergency...it's pretty funny to those of us who grew up on the east coast, or places like it

you're much appreciated around here, Ed...don't go driving on ice...would much rather wait a bit more for my order than the alternative

Back