Brewing/shop shed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
A few homes we went to look at this weekend seem to be lacking any space for a wood shop or a brewing area. I was wondering how many of you have your shops / brewery in a separate building from the main house.. A shed. I can remember several people posting pics of there buildings but cant seem to find them in the DYI category. The latest home we are looking at is a big one story (2,100 sq ft) on 3/4 acre lot. With no basement or spare room. I am without my own "space".

I would love to have one of these.
Lofted-Casita.jpg

A good friend of mine, in the southwest burbs of Chicago, has built a brew shed completely seperate from his home, in his backyard, and recently got it licensed as a nanobrewery - its very cool.

I did a quick look and didn't see a thread for brew sheds either, but found lots of threads about brew sheds and brew shed builds. At the top of the page, click on the drop down menu for searches and one of the options will be a text box for Google search - type in 'shed' and hit enter and you'll find lots of threads to get you going!

I have mine ion a 10 by 12 (maybe 10 by 16, cant remember) shed in the back. I brew on the deck but ferment and serve and store everything in the shed/ man cave. Here it is:
819282_10151384164092436_965470193_o.jpg

774722_10151364223852436_1324384240_o.jpg

There are a bunch of them under DIY Projects -- Brew Stands
Then search the forum for "shed".

The link above was to a thread titled "Brew Shed - Soliciting Feedback"

Link works now

Correct. When re-arranging the threads the breweries and brew rooms/sheds, etc were included with the brew stands. There should be lots to choose from.

i miss the midwest for all that cheap housing... man!

but congrats! and you may want to take that link down or people will be stalking you for brewing equipment in a few months :)

Back