Brewing in Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been brewing for just short of two years now. I'm new on here, but not new to this place. I can't tell you how much valuable stuff I've learned from this forum (thanks!) and I figured it was about time to be a part of it.

I'm a huge fan of Belgian beers, and in particular saisons and farmhouse ales, but beer distribution sucks in my part of Tennessee. A friend gave me one of those "100 essential things you should know how to do" books you see in middle aisle of any bookstore, and it happened to have brewing as one of the essential tasks (good insight on the author's part). I figured if I couldn't get the beer I wanted, I'd make it myself, so I started with the basic kit, got hooked, and several steps later went in with that friend on a painstakingly fun work-in-progress Brutus-style rig, the end goal of which is to have a brewtroller controlled, mostly automated system.

Current beers....
-Steam (my always-on-tap beer, it's fantastic, recipe)
-Chocolate stout (shot at a cloning Rogue's chocolate stout....Rogue still has the upper hand ;))
-Coffee/breakfast stout
-Tripel (6 months conditioning left)

Anyhow, thanks for all the awesome advice here, look forward to getting to know everyone....cheers!

Welcome to the site. Have fun brewing. These guys have a lot of great knowledge to share.

Back