Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here! Late October is their last chance to deliver! Asking for refund at November!

I am going to draw a line in the sand, I purchased mine during the November black friday sale. It said specifically that I have the right to a refund after a one year period if the product is not delivered. This was a pre-buy, not a crowdfund campaign. If I don't have mine by November I'm asking for a full refund.

Understandable. I might be in the same position at that time if things continue as-is, but improvements in communication, independent reviews of prototypes, etc. could get me to stick it out a bit longer.

While we wait, maybe we can distract ourselves with some conversation about what we have seen of the machine so far...

What does everyone think about the brew process from the videos? I'm a bit suprised by the time- 6 hours from loading up the ingredients to the end of cooling. If you can leave the maching unattended to the extent claimed, I guess it doesn't matter too much, but I would have expected faster. Picobrew claims 4 hours (without cooling). A lot of the time seems to be in the slow ramp up to boil which they describe as necessary to avoid boilover. I wonder if that would ever be user controlled if the user wanted to trust fermcap or for smaller batches.

It has an 1800w element. Unless you replace the element (which would be my first desirable mod) it's not going to get any faster.

Now think how long it's going to take when brewing outside on a cold day...

If they are still testing prototypes and have not finalized tooling, they ARE still in development.

If they haven't made the tooling and don't have certifications I can't see this being delivered in less than a couple more months.

Some would agree with your definition, others wouldn't so it isn't worth arguing.

Latest update from Brewie via email- late October delivery for first 500 units.

I am going to draw a line in the sand, If I don't have mine by November I'm asking for a full refund.

My prediction of a couple more months - confirmed...

My prediction of a couple more months - confirmed...

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but you are missing the point. You made your prediction almost a month after Brewie communicated that they would be delayed by a tooling vendor and a few days after they said it would be months.

This thread only contains pieces of the updates from Brewie. Using the info in here to predict things isn't the best way.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but you are missing the point. You made your prediction almost a month after Brewie communicated that they would be delayed by a tooling vendor and a few days after they said it would be months.

This thread only contains pieces of the updates from Brewie. Using the info in here to predict things isn't the best way.

Agreed but...

I hadn't seen anything about this prior to the day I made my reply. In looking back I don't see anything where anyone quoted that the latest delay would be months. I am not on their email list so I would not have gotten any info elsewhere.

What I was really commenting on was the comment that it was not still in development. It was stated that they were testing to finalize design before tooling. To me that is still development. With final tooling not even done. I would not be confident they can meet the new date of October.

Red highlights added.

Agreed but...

I hadn't seen anything about this prior to the day I made my reply. In looking back I don't see anything where anyone quoted that the latest delay would be months. I am not on their email list so I would not have gotten any info elsewhere.

What I was really commenting on was the comment that it was not still in development. It was stated that they were testing to finalize design before tooling. To me that is still development. With final tooling not even done. I would not be confident they can meet the new date of October.

Red highlights added.

Yep this thread hasn't been kept up to date with all the updates from Brewie. That's why I was trying to direct it towards a discussion of the machine, etc.

Your point however is valid that the schedule still seems to be a best case scenario, just with the tooling delay now accounted for.

No Red highlights added.

Yep this thread hasn't been kept up to date with all the updates from Brewie. That's why I was trying to direct it towards a discussion of the machine, etc.

Your point however is valid that the schedule still seems to be a best case scenario, just with the tooling delay now accounted for.

No Red highlights added.

Now we are on the same page!!

It has an 1800w element. Unless you replace the element (which would be my first desirable mod) it's not going to get any faster.

Now think how long it's going to take when brewing outside on a cold day...

I'm not sure that is correct. I interpretted from the second video that they aren't using the element at full power to achieve boil. They talk about the two phases and describe the first as a slow ramp up to allow proteins to clump out and avoid overboiling in the second phase where they are at full boil and add hops.

Hello Guys!

We can understand your concerns and admit we should improve our communication. Therefore, we will have a new collegue from August who will focus on it as we are involved in many other areas.

Regarding the product itself we see the light at the end of the tunnel: We were satisfied with the DVT units we received from our manufacturer, the tooling is ongoing as well as the certifications. We are positive about that we can ship realiable units to our backers in late October and the rest in November. We make our best not to have further delays.

Cheers

Deeds, not words!

The same announcement, that there is a new marketing/communication guy came out in spring.

Your post is nearly a month old now and we did not hear anything from you guys.
No news on the website, none on FB, none here.

I asked about next update Thursday! They answered that it would be published soon. I wanted more specific answer! They told me that update would be released Thursday or Friday. As usually that promise wasn't kept!

I'm pretty much done w/ all the crowdfunding sites. Especially Kickstarter ( Nonstarter) & Indiegogo (Indienogo). It seems the goal now is to bank as much as possible, get the production going, & then start selling on Amazon & even eBay before fulfilling commitments to backers. This seems particularly true w/ long overdue products. Current examples are uKeg on Kickstarter & CUJO on Indienogo.

Yeah, me too. About the update: they explained me yesterday (Mon) why the update wasn't released Thu/Fri. Without asking I was yesterday (Mon) promised again that update would be released today (Mon). They did not. I pretty much don't believe anymore anything they say or promise! They really need to improve their communication skills and respect more customers who have given them money beforehand! I've made decicion that I'll wait till November... if I don't receive my device by then I'll take my money back and go the Grainfather way!

They just sent out their update. Turns out, their engineers have made a revolutionary breakthrough in brewing. They've discovered you can add more grain to the mash, which will increase the resulting ABV potential ... Ingenious!

Ha!

3 months ago, Marcell Pal suggested that they're sending updated every 2 weeks on the indiegogo page. Wonder if he really knows what is actually being sent by his company and what isn't.

Interesting that the Brewie project seems to have disappeared from the IndieNOgo website!
I stand corrected, it's still there but shows as CLOSED. The most recent update is 9 months old!

Last edited:
3 months ago, Marcell Pal suggested that they're sending updated every 2 weeks on the indiegogo page. Wonder if he really knows what is actually being sent by his company and what isn't.

If he's unaware that the last update is 9+ months old & that the project is labeled "closed"
I'd be concerned re my investment!!

If he's unaware that the last update is 9+ months old & that the project is labeled "closed"
I'd be concerned re my investment!!

Well, the last official "update" on the indiegogo page was 9 months ago, but he did continue to comment on the "comments" page up until 3 months ago. That was one of Marcel's last comments ... That they were sending updates biweekly.

Yeah, me too. About the update: they explained me yesterday (Mon) why the update wasn't released Thu/Fri. Without asking I was yesterday (Mon) promised again that update would be released today (Mon). They did not. I pretty much don't believe anymore anything they say or promise! They really need to improve their communication skills and respect more customers who have given them money beforehand! I've made decicion that I'll wait till November... if I don't receive my device by then I'll take my money back and go the Grainfather way!

You can get your money back? Well that's alright then.

If pre-order, should be easy. If done through indiegogo, Brewie will have to agree to the refund, or one would need to file a dispute through credit card company.

I think.

What I know is if you paid for it via PayPal then between 6months and 12months (don't quote me exactly) if you haven't received the goods PayPal will issue a full refund.

In the pre-order contract it stipulates that after 1 year from your pre-order date if you have not received the product you are eligible for a full refund.

My order date was Nov 26th.

Good luck guys!

Brewie-team the last post was a month ago, the one you promised to communicate more often and that there will be a new guy for the job?
Can you update on that?

Then I heard some gossips that somebody left the brewie team.
I wanted to check online, and cant find a team description on the website.
I was under the impression that in earlier days there was a team page, but it could have been in a newsletter.

Anyways, can you update on that topic?

And last but not least: any news about the next planned/estimated delivery date?

Thanks in advance

If you do a chargeback through the credit card company it has to be done within 6 months of the transaction I think.

Their most recent email said that production would be starting in September. Who knows if it actually will, but at least that's something. I really hope they do end up getting it together because the concept looks perfect for my brewing needs. However, I'm not willing to order until I've seen some in depth reviews from actual customers.

Just saw Brewie is doing a demo in Berlin. They will be showing the latest hardware with new developments plus a video. I am very happy to hear they are moving forward and will maybe produce a great machine. I have been looking at the Zymatic because it is already in production with good results but I live in Europe and the added tax to the Zymatic (20%) puts it out of reach. I really hope Brewie gets it together and lives up to their potential. I will be buying one or something.

Kind of strange Donald Brewer of Zymatic is away in Germany at the moment.

Just saw Brewie is doing a demo in Berlin. They will be showing the latest hardware with new developments plus a video. I am very happy to hear they are moving forward and will maybe produce a great machine. I have been looking at the Zymatic because it is already in production with good results but I live in Europe and the added tax to the Zymatic (20%) puts it out of reach. I really hope Brewie gets it together and lives up to their potential. I will be buying one or something.

Kind of strange Donald Brewer of Zymatic is away in Germany at the moment.

How was the machine? Did is seem like ready/finished product, ready for release or unfinished early stage prototype? Did they show it running? Did they talk when they start delivering?

Back