Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goon City Brewing. I grew-up in the town next to the one I live in now. We used to refer to the folks from my current town as "Goons" and called it Goon City, so it's sort-of a homage to my hometown, and my current one.

Crooked Tail Brewing
Named after one of my cats. He has a kink in his tail. When he stands it up it looks like a question mark.

Arctic Pups Brewing

I love the arctic dog breeds. I currently have a 13 year old Samoyed (Tundra) and a 5 month old Malamute (Kira). Even Tundra, at his ripe old age, is still very much a puppy most of the time. :)

The Worst of Philadelphia Craft Brewing (aka Worst Brewing/Worst of Philadelphia)

We actually joke around about a couple of different meanings (like a claim that we wanted to get into making wurst/sausage but changed our mind and the name slightly) but ultimately we decided on "Worst of Philadelphia" (and variations) because it tends to sum up our styles and desire to stray from the beaten path of many of the local/bigger breweries. Most of the time our brews are not just a simple interpretation of a style, but rather a brew with a twist. Especially for the BMC crowd, our beer is probably considered some of the "worst" beer. Of course, there's always the modesty approach that we make some great beer, but we're just not arrogant enough to call ourselves the "best" ;-)

Well, I play in an orchestra so my brewery name is "The Rusty Trombone Brewing Company". I like the way "rusty" sounds, makes it kinda different. What do you guys think?

Cat Hair Brewing

I have 2 cats, and they're always curious and "Try to help" during the brew process. I have to keep the cooling wort covered to avoid getting some namesake in the final product.

Marko, love the avatar. Since I'm not a Premium Supporter you have to click on my profile to see mine.

P.S> I could have gone my whole life not knowing what a rusty trombone was and that would have been just fine with me :eek:

lol, It was a joke. I was hoping more people would comment on it.

I know, I nearly spit out my drink when I read it. I figured I would help those along who didn't get it. Very creative!

The back door of my house can only be accessed via the brewhut; therefore, the brewery is located at my back door. My last name is Dorr, so it seems fitting to call it the Back Dorr Brewery.

Classic movie. Every single scene is funnier every time I see it.

arm1.jpg

Need I say more?

For Christmas, my #2 daughter, Liesl, and her fella, Rob, gave me a wooden six-pack carrier with the following cut into both sides: "Washington Street Brewery." Since I live on Washington Street, the name is fitting and appropriate. Now, why didn't I think of it?

glenn514:mug:

For Christmas, my #2 daughter, Liesl, and her fella, Rob, gave me a wooden six-pack carrier with the following cut into both sides: "Washington Street Brewery." Since I live on Washington Street, the name is fitting and appropriate. Now, why didn't I think of it?

And they got this where?

Well, I haven't brewed my first batch yet, but I think I have decided on Ice'Berg Brewery. My last name is Devenberg, so thats where the 'Berg came from, and I though Ice'Berg was a fun play on iceberg.

So I'll admit, I didn't read all 119 pages of this thread...

My roommate Adam and I recently began brewing. We were having a hard time coming up with a name, until Adam discovered that our names combined (Adam, Shaun) is an anagram for "A Sad Human."

So, A Sad Human Brewing was born. Then we realized how extra sad it is that when you combine both of us, you only get one sad dude. Then, we had a beer.

Cheers! :mug:

logo_head.jpg

Out of the woods brewery
I live on the edge of the woods, it seemed fitting and I just liked the name when I read a comic called sweet tooth out of the woods.

Washington Street Brewery will be racking a Cascade Pale Ale to secondary on Tuesday. Right now, we are enjoying a "Midnight Beatdown Wheaten Porter" partial mash kit from Northern Brewer. The Cascade is also a partial mash, but from Midwest. Yum! And Hoppy New Year!

Dirty Beard Brewing Co. because I have a beard that's sometimes dirty and a mind that usually beats it there.

Beard has alternate meanings, too, so there's a couple of levels here, which I like

Three Toes Craft Brewery. About 12 years ago I had my foot crushed by a falling steel beam that weighed about 2200lbs. Needless to say it did some major damage to my foot. I didn't walk for over 6 months, craploads of surgeries, a bone infection, skin grafts, plastic surgery, yadda yadda yadda. So I have a big toe, my three middle toes are kind of in a mash together (one is partially amputated) and then I have the little toe. So I got the nickname from my crew at the fire station, Tony Three Toes. Going joke was that if anything ever happend and a roof fell in or something that I'd be found safely hanging from a rafter by the (prounced like an Italian mobster) "treetoes"

Figure that's as good a story as any.

here's the bad one
Foot.jpg

and here's the brewery logo
ThreeToesLogo-Finabigl.jpg

Ive been pushing around two names, Animas City Brewery, Animas city was a town in colorado where I grew up, but is now defunct and no longer exists, Beards Brewery, is what I produce my english ales out of, my last name is Beard

Metawee Valley Brewing Co.

I live in a small town in Vermont just over the New York border, right along the Metawee River. My girlfriend and I were driving back into VT one day and passed over the river, and I thought "Metawee Valley Brewing Co." has a nice ring to it.

Black Hammered Brewery...

photo.jpg

Black Hammer was a nickname in high school. One of my good buddies at the time's nickname was White Lightening. We took it from the movie Major League 2. In the movie, Omar Epps, who played Willie Mays Hayes, made a "movie" in the off-season starring him and Jesse Ventura. Epps was Hammer, and Ventura was Lightening. They were kind of cool nicknames on the football field. To this day I'm sometimes still called Hammer by friends I've kept.

As a side note, the first Major League was better... Willie Mays Hayes was played by Wesley Snipes in or around his prime as an actor. The "cool" Charlie Sheen was in both as well.

BrainDfect Brewing

I've been using the name BrainDfect for years. I came up with the name back in the day when I wanted to be a hacker because I thought every hacker needed a cool sounding name. Then I learned hacking was not as easy as it sounded, but the name still stuck and I ended up using it for emails and such.

Well, I have the standard last name one, Grams Brewing Company.

Grams Brewing.JPG

(I will always be a Libra)

I also have been playing around with anagrams. Taking My full name, my name and SWMBO, and then just my first and middle names.

Ye Mainland Grass Brewery
Real Man Lane Brewery
Insane Lady Brewery

Joe'Bronco Brewing

Because ive used the name for years...
I drive this thing...
DSC00131.jpg

This is my bottle neck logo... So far, its not completed yet.
BottleNeck.jpg

At first it was gonna be Blue Vein Throbber 'cause I thought it was funny and liked the idea of people requesting my Blue Vein Throbber. Then I decided to name it Northwoods Brewing because I'm from Maine. I designed a few labels for it and all of my beers were named after towns, rivers or lakes in Maine that have Native American names as I am part,(very small) Native American. But then, I found on-line that there is a brewpub in Colorado with that name. I have finally, for now, settled on what I think will be the permanent name of the brewery and is usuable if I ever live the dream. The new name is Dog Stone Brewing. While doing some research about my Scottish heritage, i learned that Dog Stone is what the ancient Scots called a specially made stone designed to grind barley for making beer. I like it and SWMBO likes it. So there it is.

Back