Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Browns Brews is because it more of a family thing with my brother, my wife, my son, and me. My last name is Brown so it was just a easy simple name to come up with.

Cheers

We were really original with ours. A buddy of mine and I brew together. He's Dan, I'm Bry, and together we are...

D&B Brewing Company.

30649_121703504520955_111661268858512_215355_6896748_n.jpg

Based on some of the comments we have gotten about our logo, we have nicknamed it the "cocknballs".

Wildebeest Brewing Company in honor of an old chocolate lab I used to have. He had aquired the nickname "The Wildebeest"

Browntown Brewery - like brownsbrews my surname is Brown. Not really sure about the origin, was probably drunk, but it rhymes and fits so it stuck. Just trying to come up with a nice logo and then beer labels to suit.

I can't think of a name to save my life. So help me out guys.

My last name is Pointer

I'm half Irish

I love IPAs

I'm a die hard Detroit Lions fan (seriously I have a problem)

So any combo of those would be great. Suggestions please.

P.S.- I was thinking of Malt-Ease Falcon B.C.

I was thinking.....
0-16 Perfection Brewery (Not everyone can be a winner, thats why God made beer)
Lions Black and Blue
Opps I did It again
It's not my fault
Glory days Brewing

I need a few beer in me to think of any good ones, just bored out of my mind today at work.

I can't think of a name to save my life. So help me out guys.

My last name is Pointer

I'm half Irish

I love IPAs

I'm a die hard Detroit Lions fan (seriously I have a problem)

So any combo of those would be great. Suggestions please.

P.S.- I was thinking of Malt-Ease Falcon B.C.

Wow....Other than the last name you completely described me!!! hahaha...

How about The Bitter Red Lion Brewery (Bitter=IPA, Red=Irish, Lion is pretty obvious)....and it is very bittering being a detroit fan sometimes....trust me I know...lol.

Pool Side Brewing (considering I mash while in the pool, and attempted last brew to stir while still in the pool until it began to froth over).

I have been a firefighter for years and call mine The Old Firehouse Brewery and depending on what I bottle I call it Maltese Malt for the fireman;s maltese cross or Fireman's Ale. I ussualy have little quips and quotes on the labels.

I have been a firefighter for years and call mine The Old Firehouse Brewery and depending on what I bottle I call it Maltese Malt for the fireman;s maltese cross or Fireman's Ale. I ussualy have little quips and quotes on the labels.
I'm a Lt. on E-63 (over 20 years in the fire service); can't really come up with anything that I really like. Thought about Dirty Hose Brewing Co.; kind of like CUF (cool under fire) brewery. Any ideas?

I'm a Lt. on E-63 (over 20 years in the fire service); can't really come up with anything that I really like. Thought about Dirty Hose Brewing Co.; kind of like CUF (cool under fire) brewery. Any ideas?

No clue but had to give you props from Jackson, MS to C'Ville... We just moved from Memphis & I actually still work remotely out of our companies Collierville office. Thank you guys for what you do.

I come from South Africa , thus the Zulu handle.... so when trying to find a name I decided to start looking for Zulu names.

Scrolling down I came across Zenzele - which translated is Do It Yourself (DIY) - very abt.

So I brew from the Zenzele Brewery and have a Zulu Shield and Spears as the logo (still very crude drawing but a friend is reworking it)

No clue but had to give you props from Jackson, MS to C'Ville... We just moved from Memphis & I actually still work remotely out of our companies Collierville office. Thank you guys for what you do.
Thanks for the props; I actually live in Collierville (Wellington Farms), but work for Shelby County Fire.

Doctor Robert's... My name is Bob, not a doctor - in public accounting. But I like the Beatles song, Doctor Robert. Originally I wanted to open up an English pub by that name, but now it's just the name of my basement where I homebrew.

My wife and kid named mine "Stupid Brew" cause they think it is stupid. I laugh every time i pop open a homebrew. At first i took offense, but now i can think of many advertising slogans if i ever go pro. lol

found myself changing my homebrewery name 1 more time; & this will be the last time i change it, unless i move out of my neighborhood. the name i decided to stick with is "oak park brew house".

Finally got the labels for mine done. Wild Ginger Brewing...the street I live on. I got a really good idea after xjncoguyx made me a logo with "Chuckie" and ran with it. My brother is a graphic designer, so I gave him the idea and he made a label for everyone of "my" brews. Same basic label but in a different color for the different types of beer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50251084@N05/4615763869/

:mug:

My friends and I call people who still live in the area we are from "County Heads", so in a tribute to home, 'County Head Brewing' was born. The county is 'Beaver County' (its in PA), and thus the beaver on my label.

it aint official yet but im leaning towards drunken demon brewing. my mom used to call me a little demon(i kinda deserved it) and it kinda stuck(thus the username)

I'm thinking about RoseBear Brewery.... My 3 y/o daughter's middle name is Rose... she likes to be called that.. and my one year old is nicknamed Bear.

What do you guys think?

I'm flying under the flag of Hibbleton Brewing Company. If you were a fan of Scrubs you may recognize it.

Seismic Anomaly brewing, b/c our first fermentation was volcanic! It inspired us!

Anyway, yes, I did spell anomaly wrong on the label, but it's just a rough draft... lol :)

mail

I have been thinking of a few but would love some feedback. How does everyone feel about "Sunnyside Brewing Company"? Does it make you immediately think of sunnyside up eggs? haha let me know!

I have been thinking of a few but would love some feedback. How does everyone feel about "Sunnyside Brewing Company"? Does it make you immediately think of sunnyside up eggs? haha let me know!

The first thought I had was California... if that helps. I didnt think of eggs till you said it. Now it's all I can think of....:)

Haha fair enough! Why Cali? My motivation was one of my favorite runs at Mary Jane a Ski resort in Colorado is named Sunnyside.

Not sure... Best guess is I've been backpacking near Sunnyside-Tahoe City before...
I like that the name has some significance to you, and is catchy sounding...

Since no-one has responded to my post... :( .... Mind telling me what you think of RoseBear Brewery?... :mug:

Not sure... Best guess is I've been backpacking near Sunnyside-Tahoe City before...
I like that the name has some significance to you, and is catchy sounding...

Since no-one has responded to my post... :( .... Mind telling me what you think of RoseBear Brewery?... :mug:

Thanks!

"RoseBear Brewery" Hmmm I like it! I can picture some really cool logos coming from that. What is the significance of it to you? Or just like it cause its catchy?

Rose is my Daughters (3yo) middle name... She likes to be called that sometimes... My 1yo boy is nicknamed Bear...

I'm a graphic designer... and I'm working on a logo now... Should be up soon... :)

Bear Brewing Works. I, at one point, had a large beard, to which my friends started calling me a bear. It wasn't till much later I found out what they meant by calling me a "bear."

Back