Brewery Build - Single Tier HERMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Matt,

Great thread! Thanks for sharing!

Did you end up skipping the HLT stirrer/agitator that you mentioned back in post #25?

Cheers!

Jeremy

...snip...

2) HLT Stirrer - trying to determine what motor we want to use and how we want to go about incorporating in our design.

...snip...

Hi Matt,

Great thread! Thanks for sharing!

Did you end up skipping the HLT stirrer/agitator that you mentioned back in post #25?

Cheers!

Jeremy

Yup, we ended up skipping that. Didn't see much value in it at the end of the day.

Another Update:
We recently spent some time making some adjustments. We had found our electrical was in fact backwards on a switch (well we had the switch turned the opposite way in the control panel so what we thought was one way was in fact the other) doh! So with that now squared away we think we've got a handle on the electrical side of things. We also opted to remove the tri-clover thermowells - they've not performed as we'd expect. In their place we've installed T fittings and went with new temp probes from Brewers Hardware. I'll update the original post with part #s, etc. and new photos. Our hope here is that we'll get more accurate temp readings.

We also scrapped the O-Ring 'markers' on the sight gauges and built a measuring bar - simple bar stock with a few P clamps. I'll also post details on these and photos.

Next up (long over due) we've found someone nearby to help us with re-welding our hinges on our trays so we can put in small spacers to allow enough air to get into our burners and scrap the temp 'fix' we've been using of sticking a bolt in to prop them up slightly.

Also working on ideas for a dolly for the front legs to allow for easier movement in the garage (this thing is a beast), debating a hop back and water filter system as well as finishing aesthetics (paint, etc.)

Finding time for everything is a struggle but NHC2012 has lit the fire once again to get to it!

Just do this. My lifting blocks are now welded. It awesome and simple.
snake10

I was wondering what the dimensions were on your lifting blocks, and on the top elevation of your frame. Also, I noticed that your casters mount flush with your frame's legs- what are the dimensions of the legs, and where did you get your casters?

I am designing a frame of my own right now and I am trying to find the best way to mount the burner (10" dia). Thank you for any information you can provide me with! :mug:

Latest posts

Back