Brewers Tool Belt 2.0 released - now free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hommel

Reaction score
It took me a bit but I have now released Brewers Tool Belt 2.0 on the App Store. Just search for "Brewers Tool Belt".

Since it is now free, I'm hoping to get more brewers to try out the app and provide feedback on how I can make it better.

A bit about me: I'm an avid homebrewer and won gold with my Schwarzbier at NHC and Homebrewer of the Year in the Southeastern Homebrewers Association (SHA) last year. I'm also an engineer and wanted to build brewing tools that work the way I think they should so I wrote my own. I have been building all of my recipes for the last couple of years using this app including the three beers that made it to the final round of NHC this year.

Brewers Tool Belt (BTB) is designed to be your go to Homebrewing App. Whether you're building a recipe, deciding how big a yeast starter to grow up or trying to figure out what to set your kegerator CO2 pressure to, BTB has you covered. There is an ever growing list of tools including:

+Recipes
+Yeast Starter
+Gravity Adjustment
+Bitterness Adjustment
+Forced Carbonation
+Bottle Carbonation

in version 2.0 I added:
+BTB is now free!!! The only current limitation is that you can only have 3 recipes in your recipe list. To go above 3 requires an In App Purchase. All purchasers of the version 1 for fee app will get this In App Purchase for free. This should happen automatically.
+Copying Recipes - just left swipe on a recipe in your recipe list and press "Copy" and it will make a full copy of your recipe and add "COPY" to the end of the name.
+Scaling Recipes - you can now scale a recipe to a new final boil volume with options on what to scale. If you get a recipe from a friend which ends at 6 gallons and you want to scale it to end with 10 gallons it now just takes a few taps to do it. Just click the "Scale" button in the Overview section in your recipe

More details here:
http://www.hommelhomebrew.com/?page_id=259

Thanks!
Hommel Homebrew

I just downloaded it. Will play around with it and let you know. I noticed some minor scrolling issues that made some selections difficult

I downloaded and tried it out.

One issue I noticed was that when entering info on a recipe you have to hit enter after you enter each piece of data. If you tap on a field and enter a value then tap on another field and enter something without hitting the enter key the data is not saved.

The scrolling is also a little awkward in some lists, it jump to different sections or pages. I would prefer smooth scrolling. There was an instance when I searched for wheat on the ingredients list and the page would jump in a way that prevented me from seeing all values.

I downloaded and tried it out.

One issue I noticed was that when entering info on a recipe you have to hit enter after you enter each piece of data. If you tap on a field and enter a value then tap on another field and enter something without hitting the enter key the data is not saved.

The scrolling is also a little awkward in some lists, it jump to different sections or pages. I would prefer smooth scrolling. There was an instance when I searched for wheat on the ingredients list and the page would jump in a way that prevented me from seeing all values.

Yes those were the issues I experienced. The keyboard was hiding the words and I couldn't see it all, happened on two different pages. The scrolling thing, I was trying to set the beer style and I could flick the scroll wheel and it would roll but if I touched it again to flick up it would select what was touched. As well as scrolling slowly would select wherever my finger was.

The enter thing took a bit to figure out. Once I got the hang of it it was that big of a deal, but was frustrating until I figured that out

Back