Brewers Edge Mash & Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya and it doesn't have a rack to hold the mash tube up. It does a grainfather type 1/4 turn to lock it on. However it says it takes 40 mins to boil the 5 gals. That's just way too long

It's a grainfather without recirculation and chiller... interesting. Definitely a place for this. The grainfather seems plenty powerful.... though more powerful would speed things up I suppose.

This interests me, and for people worried about the boil time you can just use a heat stick to increase speeds (and run it on a separate circuit)

The idea is that everyone has 110v in their kitchen, on their deck etc. in the US & Canada. Both this and the GF (which I own) use that as an advantage instead of 220v. Ideally you plug into a 20a circuit, but it will run on 15a as well (at 1600w its pushing the amperage). I keep looking out for reviews of this to see how folks like them and the mods they've done.

I keep hoping that somebody comes out with a 240V version of this.

There is a 240v version with an immersion chiller on eBay from yet another Australian company..
It's cheaper than this too and will plug into a typical laundry room dryer or kitchen stove 240v outlet.
It's called the "robobrew"
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/161851824996?_mwBanner=1

There's already at least two other threads on the brewers edge here btw if you use the search function here you will find more info.

There's already at least two other threads on the brewers edge here btw if you use the search function here you will find more info.

Yeah, I'm familiar with both. If the posters of those threads would have used the search function before posting, they would have found this one. Oh well... no big deal.

Latest posts

Back