Need help with All-in-one system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abtin Mehr

Reaction score
Hi I'm totally new to brewing. I have a chance to buy either a brewers edge mash & boil sytem or a robobrew at a really good price but the problem
is they are the pump versions and the pumps on both are broken. Anyone know if I can reroute the spot the pump drains or install my own maybe an external even. The robobrew seems to have
a replacement pump I can buy for 80 CAD and the install looks simple. But being that these are the pump versions can I use them without the pump working? I couldn't see any replacement part
for the brewers edge. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a mash and boil. You can use it without the pump if you manually lauter, and if you.do extract it's totally unnecessary. You can get a replacement pump and swap it out yourself, but before you do that, if you go that route, I'd bypass the switch and make sure a bad switch isn't the problem.

Hi I'm totally new to brewing. I have a chance to buy either a brewers edge mash & boil sytem or a robobrew at a really good price but the problem
is they are the pump versions and the pumps on both are broken.

If you are new to brewing get an inexpensive pot and a BIAB bag and just use your stove. You don't need a "system" to make wort.
Many of the all in one systems aren't made to be repaired if something breaks.
You don't need to recirculate the wort with BIAB, although I do use a cheap side pot and do a dunk sparge.
Start off with 2.5 gallon batches, see if you like the process and effort and go from there.
Even easier, make an extract batch, you don't need to boil the whole thing, (you just need to heat it to 180F or so) just boil a few quarts of water with the hops and add it.

I'm not sure where you live Abtin but the Kegland team are great with support, just touch base with them and ask.
I have some of their newer gear and everything is replaceable, like Lumpher mentioned, check the safety switch, my Grainfather also has had this issue in the past.

Back