Brewer's Best Falconer's Flight Extra IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty67

Reaction score
was thinking about picking this up for my next brew and was wondering what anyone thought about this kit.

was also thinking that if i did that i would want to move to a different yeast, something that isn't dry. Any suggestions for a good yeast for an ipa?

I am Brewing this tonight, I am just going to use the us 05 dry that it comes with

I've used WLP500 and WLP520 and had great results with my 2 IPA's I just brewed.

I saw that AHS's Falconer's IPA uses the Greenbelt yeast. What kind of properties does it show in the palate? I noticed the description said fruity and I was apprehensive. Not sure if I'd want an IPA tasting fruity.

wyeast greenbelt (from AHS) is an excellent IPA yeast

US-05 will make a great IPA; nothing wrong with dry yeast.

Something fruitier that I like in my IPAs is Wyeast 1272. I don't have any experience with Greenbelt, but it makes sense that AHS would use it in their kits because if I remember correctly they had to guarantee to move a certain amount of the stuff. I'm sure that they've had no problem at this point.

I brewed the bb version with the safale o5 last monday. My gosh does it ever smell good. Wish I could fast forward 6 weeks so I could taste it

Mine has been in the bottles for 1 wk now, I tried it last night and it is goood! Nice aroma, good but not to much bitter has a nice head on it already too! Try it again next week but so far very impressed

Bottled: Brewers Best IPA
Primary: Deciding
Secondary: Brewers Best Holiday Ale

WLP007, WLP001, Wyeast 1056, and S-05 are all great American IPA yeast. Please post your tasting notes for the Falconer Flight... I ordered a pound since it has a blend of my favorite hops.

After tasting the brewers best version i love it. I prefer safale 05 for my ipas. Its up to u wether u go with bb or ahs. Im sure they are both great. Like someone said above its not overly bitter. Butits got all of the flavor u would want in a great ipa

just picked up the bb falconers kit. anyone else comment on how it turned out?

Back