Breweries to visit in Oakland/San Fran

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruelkix

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Oakland for work tomorrow and have a bit of down time in the evening. Anyone have any awesome breweries they suggest to visit in the Oakland/San Francisco Area?

Thanks!!

I had one night in San Fran at the back end of a business trip last month. I ended up starting at the far end of Haight St by Golden Gate park and walking east.

In terms of breweries/ bars I first went to Magnolia, which is a brewpub and then walked down the hill a little more to Torondado, which is a loud dive bar with an amazing taps list. Pints of Pliney for $4.

Recommend both of them.

I had one night in San Fran at the back end of a business trip last month. I ended up starting at the far end of Haight St by Golden Gate park and walking east.

In terms of breweries/ bars I first went to Magnolia, which is a brewpub and then walked down the hill a little more to Torondado, which is a loud dive bar with an amazing taps list. Pints of Pliney for $4.

Recommend both of them.

Nice. Thanks!

If you stay in Oakland, Beer Revolution and the Trappist are the two to check out for beer. Both downtown close to bart so you can probably stop by on your way to the city.

Actually if you head down to Revolution you should also stop by Heinold's First and Last Chance Saloon on Jack London Square. It's a rad place with lots of cool Jack London stuff.

Wut he said

If you stay in Oakland, Beer Revolution and the Trappist are the two to check out for beer. Both downtown close to bart so you can probably stop by on your way to the city.

Actually if you head down to Revolution you should also stop by Heinold's First and Last Chance Saloon on Jack London Square. It's a rad place with lots of cool Jack London stuff.

Sitting at trappist right now. Freakin awesome place. Thanks for the suggestion! Guys here are really cool. Beer selection is incredible if you love belgains, which I do. Feeling good and headed over to beer revolution now.

I really liked Thirsty Bear. Not too far from 21st Ammendment (who's beer is getting better since the last time I've had it). Avoid the Beach Chalet.

it's a drive but Petaluma is not THAT far from SF and you could hit up Lagunitas. Their tap room is only open till 9pm on weekdays though...and then you have to drive back so you can't enjoy too much of their stuff.

If you had a whole day off or something i would recommend it for sure.

Back