Brewed a Hefe Today - Will This Be A Problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the white labs Hefeweizen strains I've used have been big krausen producers. If you don't let the blowoff get plugged you should be fine. Make sure you have enough empty space in your blowoff container or you may have a mess there.

Heh. I've been in the same spot before. Get a blowoff on there and you're good. If you can get a giant blowoff tube - like the size of the bottle's opening, that's even better.

I would get the thickest tube you can get. 1/2" probably 3+ ft and get just as much sani/water in the blow off bottle to submerge about 1" and let that thing breath as easy as it needs. It will climb the tube, it will fill that bottle, and it will make great beer. That fermentation on it looks great all ready

Thanks folks.

That foam in the picture is from transferring the wort.

I checked it this morning and it's already bubbling away!

I've got a 3/8" (I think) hose into a bung going to a 1/2 gallon milk jug that is 1/2 filled with Starsan. I'll keep an eye on it!

Thanks folks.

That foam in the picture is from transferring the wort.

I checked it this morning and it's already bubbling away!

I've got a 3/8" (I think) hose into a bung going to a 1/2 gallon milk jug that is 1/2 filled with Starsan. I'll keep an eye on it!

Pour out at least 1/2 of the sanitizer. You only need to keep the end of the tube submerged. Use the space you gain for collecting the blow off. Otherwise your blow off container will blow off........

Do I need to be concerned with the hose not being in sanitizer while I'm pouring out some of the container?

3068 makes a mess every time. The krausen always smells like vomit after a rough night out to me. The end product is worth it though!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back