Brew Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBrewthere4Iam

Reaction score
So I have this area in my basement that I think would be good for a brew room (picture to follow). It would keep me out of the cold/heat. I am wondering what would be required for ventilation if I were to go use a turkey fryer burner indoors. Or is that just a big No No all together?

You can see in the picture, excuse the mess, there is a double door in the wall that leads to the vent on the side of my house. Behind the doors is just dirt and the occasional gimp. If I had a fan set up to pull air from the basement out would that work?

Option 2 is invest in a gas range and drop a pipe from the existing pipe overhead (doubt the better half would approve).

I would really love to have a full brew station eventually all in one place.

Any thoughts ideas or opinion would be greatly appreciated

Here is the area. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416341069.614293.jpg

This comes up from time to time. Using a propane burner gives off CO that needs to be vented properly. I would probably not do it at all, but if you want to, make sure to have it very well ventilated and monitor for CO.

old thread here

Cool thanks, I knew I could not be the first to have that idea, just did not search correctly. Last people that lived here were super paranoid and have CO detectors all over the house and 2 in basement that are hardwired. So I would know for sure.

Still for some reason it just does not seem safe.

if you wanna brew inside then its a perfect excuse to go electric. I would never go back to propane now that I built my E-Herms.

Yes electric is MUCH safer to brew indoors and you don't freeze/sweat when the weather outside sucks. If you wanna go propane try brewing in your garage.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Latest posts

Back