brew pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The aluminum pots from sam's are a good price. Stainless steel will cost more. There are lots of restaurant supply places on the web to check out. Do some internet browsing/shopping.

I like stainless for the simple fact that you don't have to worry about taking of the patina. If I scorch it I can use a metal pot scrubber.

seach craigslist for a used keg. buy it for about $20. do this:

brew 10 gallon batches, more beer, just about the same time

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife picked up a 32 qt "Tamale Steamer" at Walmart for $25. I boiled in it last weekend.

Yeah, I saw and considered one of these at my local Jewel for $20, If I hadn't just bought a cheap stainless 20QT ,it seems like a good way to go. Its much thicker than my little stainless and relatively well built

My wife picked up a 32 qt "Tamale Steamer" at Walmart for $25. I boiled in it last weekend.

I've used one of these for about 4 batches so far and it has worked great. I'd love to figure out how to turn the steaming insert into a false bottom.

I use the one Starrfish mentioned from Austin Homebrew and love it. It is a bit wider than I thought and I have to make sure it's centered on my burner though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back