Brew Pot - Installed A Weldless Valve ( Photos! )

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfbrew70

Reaction score
I added a weldless bulkhead and valve to my brew pot.

I'm brand spankin' new to brewing! I thought the other newbs might like photos as much as I do, so....

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

I also posted a , if you're interest.

I purchased my parts from Bargain Fittings. Fast shipping!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
would it not leak without the rubber gasket inside? I am a newbie when it comes to it. I am just asking a question( don't flame me to much, hehehehe).

would it not leak without the rubber gasket inside?

There is a silicone o-ring on the inside of the pot between the wall of the pot and the locknut that is grooved to accept the o-ring.

Will you be adding a dip tube and strainer?

Yes, I do plan to add a dip tube. The coupling is threaded inside to accept a fitting for it.

I don't plan to add a "fitted" strainer. I'm going to try a hybrid BIAB setup. My pot is only 16 quarts, and a 5 gal paint strainer fits well. For BIAB with this sized pot, I'll have to keep my batches small (3 gal or less) and sparge a bit.

I'm a newb, so I'll keep things small for a while and experiment.

Do you have one of those under-sink mash tuns connected through your disposal? Where's all that hot water going? ;)

FYI - I've got the exact same bulkhead and valve and it has worked great on my boil keggle for several years now.

I'm new here, and have a silly question...
I use my LP banjo burner for my boil. I am concerned with that washer/O-ring being so close too the bottom. What is the temperature rating of the o-ring/washer?

Back