• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Brew Kettles, SF Bay Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba-brewer

I'm not Zog, I'm Leroi
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Local pick up but could ship if buyer pays additional cost. I live in the south bay, but am willing to meet half way at one of the LHBS in the bay area.

Recently started upgrading my system to dedicated electric brewing. I transitioned from propane to electric using hot rods.

15 gallon Tall Boy $75
Lid a bit tweaked but still seat pretty well.

IMG_1417 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1418 - Copy.JPG

8 gallon Heavy Duty Kettle $75
Not the prettiest welds but does not leak, very solid heave kettle, I used originally for 3gal brewing then later as my HLT.
IMG_1422 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1424 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1425 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1426 - Copy.JPG

8 Gallon Economy Kettle $30
The lid is very flimsy but still works, used as my mash tun so it did not really get used. Bargain kettle but still feels more solid than a Bayou classic.
IMG_1419 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1421 - Copy.JPG

Good question, I just did a magnet test to the three kettles.

A magnet did not stick to the economy Kettle.

It did stick to the sides and bottom of the more beer 8 gal kettle.

The magnet did not stick to the sides of the 15gal tall boy, but did stick to the bottom.

Last edited:
I checked USPS and UPS and they were close to 100 then checked Fedex and it said $50. I logged in and did it again then it came to 100 like the other two. The price is dictated by the box sizes, says it could weigh up to 41 pounds.

I wonder what kind of arrangements the online HBSs have with the shippers to offer 7.99 shipping.

Back