Breakfast Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
Your votes on the best Breakfast Beers...... A cold beer is the best way to start the day..... and shock friends and family!!

My choices:

A "light" stout or a very grapefruity IPA.

Stout... i want something with some body if i'm having a beer for breakfast. Although some sort of wheat would be good

Whatever is in the fridge lol. I like a good APA anytime of day and have been known to have one w 2 over easy eggs and toast, not in the beer tho.

One of my favorite occasional breakfasts is the above.......... With a chocolate stout a friend of mine brews. It's rich in flavor, but not a heavy beer, in fact like Guiness, it's actually a "dark light beer".......

Stout and Wheat for me. If its a milk stout even better, as you cannot suffer complaints

Biscuits and gravy with a Widmer hef.

I haven't done B&G with breakfast beer.............My version has some turmeric and cayenne, and often has an egg yoke or two and lemon like Hollandaise sauce but with sausage in it. Kinda twisted........but the words "normal", "ordinary" "reasonable", "sensible", "typical", and "sane"........ are not words I ordinarily overhear people using to describe me in conversation ;-) It works for me.

H.W.

Yesterday I brewed up a batch I'm calling The Bed and Breakfast. Its a nice, light-body wheat with plenty of foam producers. In the secondary I will infuse with lightly toasted french oak chips and two vanilla beans. To me those flavors just shout Bed and Breakfast. Should be just about the perfect breakfast beer, too!

When I make B&G at home, its either Founders Breakfast Stout, Big Wood - Morning Wood, or Tallgrass - Buffalo Vanilla Sweat

So yeah, I guess I am a stout for breakfast guy

Saucony Creek Brewing has the North Ramp Coffee Stout. It has a fairly prominent coffee flavor that makes it feel a little more at home during breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Boy I am such a wimp I love good biscuits and gravy could eat it 5 days a week twice a day, But not with beer.:eek:

No beer for me in the mornings, im a cup of tea kinda guy, I used to drink on early morning brew days, but it throws me out of whack.

This AM, I'm having steak and eggs and some cherry tomatoes sliced in half and lightly salted, and chasing it down with my Motueka Nelson Red. As with some others, the beer will throw me off a bit if I have much, so I'm drinking half a bottle (250ml). I use the swing tops, so the remainder will still be good at noon. The MNR makes a good breakfast beer. The hoppiness isn't excessive (46 IBU), about 5%, the combination of Motueka and Nelson Sauvin works very well. It's a very simple beer I created in my pursuit of something similar to Widmer's Drifter. It missed the mark by quite a bit, but lacking Summit, I decided to use what I had, and like the result very much.

2.5 gallon brew

grain:
5 lbs 2 row
.75 lbs CR60

Hops:
Motueka pellet .5 oz 30 min
Motueka pellet .5 oz 10 min
Nelson pellet .5 oz 10 min

Mash was an "inline mash" Dough in at 130F tap water (BIAB) grain crush .010 roller spacing. temp rise from 145-155 15 minutes, splash down with cold water to 145 and repeat. 30 minute boil.

This would be an IPA in the original sense with the IBUs hitting right about where the original IPAs were........ not the modern "hop bomb". I've done a number of beers with Motueka Nelson for hops.......... a combination I like very much.

H.W.

I'll drink any kind of beer regardless of time of day. When I'm really feeling spicy though, we wake up to White Russians.

Back