Bowhunters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have shot the new Matthews, hoyt, and PSE and Bowtec. They all have some pretty cool designs and new tech ideas going on.

PSE all the way...It's what I've shot for 10 years now and love em.

Stay with the Switchback, or the newer Reezen. I think the Monster has to much drastic role over, compared to other bows on the market. But they have to do that to get that kinda speed out of a 55 pound bow.

I've got a 50# Darton Ranger recurve from back in the '80s. It probably weighs about the same as the newer compound bows coming out, and that's why I drool over them...

I can shoot that recurve 150 yards and still hit a paperplate, but I'd never shoot it that far at something alive, just targets. I'd love a fancy new compound with the high tech stuff they have though. Somebody let Santa know for me!

Around here we have so many opprutunities to hunt so many deer in so many parks and city areas, that I have thought about trying out a recurve, or a long bow. Just to add a new challenge to bowhunting.

You bowhunters will like this:

Police: Man shoots suspected prowler with arrow

KELSO, Wash. (AP) -- Kelso, Wash., police said a man used his compound bow to interrupt an apparent break-in at a nearby vacant home, wounding a fleeing man in the buttocks. Police said the man grabbed his hunting bow late Sunday night and chased a suspected prowler for more than three blocks. When the fleeing man refused to stop, the bowhunter shot him with a broadhead arrow.

A 32-year-old Longview man later sought treatment at St. John Medical Center for an arrow wound to the left buttock. Doctors removed the arrow tip and the man was listed in satisfactory condition Monday.

Kelso Police Capt. Vern Thompson said there were no immediate arrests and the investigation continues. He said charges against both men are possible

Back