Bounty on Piton!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
I am placing a bounty on the recipe for Piton lager brewed on the island of St. Lucia. It is the best lager I have ever had and I was married in St. Lucia so there is some sentimental value as well.

The first person to successfully find a clone of this beer will receive $ 1,000,000.

God speed ...

I can't help you with the recipe but I did have some Piton beerwhile in StLucia this past December and it was a great beer. Nothing real special about it but it was a great warm weather lager for sure. Good luck with recipe quest.

Anyone ever come close cloning this beer? I was recently in St. Lucia and thought this beer was pretty good. It definitely has more flavor than BMC. I'm sad that it is owned by Heinekin and not locally though. It actually did taste fairly similar to Heinekin so that may be where I start my quest for a clone if no one else has figured it out yet.
Thanks

I will be attempting my first Piton clone next month. I just need to land on what hops to use. I wish I had one now to try and jog my memory. I also was married in St. Lucia and we just had our 5-year anniversary there last week.

I was thinking Liberty. Do you have a suggestion on Mount Hood? This will be my first test, have you ran any experiments trying to create Piton yet? I have not been able to find the exact hops that they use I know that a while back they cleared out a bunch of banana fields to grow hops but they haven't disclosed what kind of hops that I can find.

I have a bunch of Neo1 hops that I grew I was thinking about maybe using them however they would not have the same result but would still be a pretty good beer I think

I was thinking Liberty. Do you have a suggestion on Mount Hood? This will be my first test, have you ran any experiments trying to create Piton yet? I have not been able to find the exact hops that they use I know that a while back they cleared out a bunch of banana fields to grow hops but they haven't disclosed what kind of hops that I can find.

I say Mt. Hood because my favorite cream ale clone uses it. I remember that the creamy mouthfeel and flavor was one of the things I loved about Piton

I am placing a bounty on the recipe for Piton lager brewed on the island of St. Lucia. It is the best lager I have ever had and I was married in St. Lucia so there is some sentimental value as well.

The first person to successfully find a clone of this beer will receive $ 1,000,000.

God speed ...
Hoppy Daze - Hoping you can help me out.
My wife and I just returned from a vacation in St Lucia where we drank Piton lager. A pretty light, harmless beer for sure - however, I suffer from migraines and I have to tell you, no matter how much of that stuff I drank, I never got one headache.
Since returning, I've been trying to gain any insight on the composition of it , in the hopes of finding a REAL comparable substitute here in the US but have been coming up empty handed. Can you help ? Is it corn based, barley, etc ? How much of a makeup? What would be similar and easy to get from mainstream us brewers?
Looking for any help you might be able to offer ...

Hoppy Daze - Hoping you can help me out.
My wife and I just returned from a vacation in St Lucia where we drank Piton lager. A pretty light, harmless beer for sure - however, I suffer from migraines and I have to tell you, no matter how much of that stuff I drank, I never got one headache.
Since returning, I've been trying to gain any insight on the composition of it , in the hopes of finding a REAL comparable substitute here in the US but have been coming up empty handed. Can you help ? Is it corn based, barley, etc ? How much of a makeup? What would be similar and easy to get from mainstream us brewers?
Looking for any help you might be able to offer ...

I didn't pursue this very far but I'd start here.

Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/Cream-of-Three-Crops-(Cream-Ale).66503/

Back