Boulevard Saison Brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
I got a bottle of this over the weekend. It's the only Brett beer that I've even seen available in TX, at least around my area. I've never had a Brett beer and wanted to try it. On the bottle it states to let it age in the bottle to develop more of the Brett flavor. I'm not sure off the top of my head what the bottling date was but it says it's best before 6/2012.

Should I let it age up until then or go ahead and pop the cork and try it out?

You will get a strong brett flavor from a young bottle. If you like it, try to pick up another bottle or two for aging. I have one from 2009 I've been aging.

You should also be able to find Orval in your area. Great Divide's wild raspberry ale is a brett beer (not really wild in a spontaneous fermentation way) and it's been popping up around DFW so it might also be in your area.

I guess I should be prepared to harvest the yeast in the bottle if I like it. Will I get Brett from the bottle or just the saison yeast?

I guess I should be prepared to harvest the yeast in the bottle if I like it. Will I get Brett from the bottle or just the saison yeast?

Definitely brett. The website says the beer is bottle conditioned with multiple strains. I suspect it's brett and the saison yeast but it might be brett plus a neutral bottling strain.

I don't think I could wait 2 more years to enjoy Boulevard's Brett-Saison. Amazing beer! That's my second favorite from them (harvest dance being the first).

Latest posts

Back