Bottling's a pain but....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're holding your bottling wand, I suggest you check out Revvy's sticky on the Bottling forum. Bottling got so much easier when I started using a short stub of tubing between my spigot and my wand. The pics really help in the thread.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks pumpkinman, I'll keep the priming sugar the same.

No real questions now, I should get it next week and bottle with it next weekend I hope. Waiting on a couple of saisons to finish, so may have a question after that.

I'd love it if you'd post again about your priming sugar results. Since the pump works on a vacuum and pulls CO2 out of suspension as it pumps, I could see how you might have to adjust your priming sugar upwards a bit to account for the lower CO2 in solution (like using more sugar when you've done a warmer ferment). But I think the trade off would be totally worth it, because it seems like between drawing some of the oxygen out of the bottle, introducing some of the dissolved CO2 into the headspace, and the uniform fill on every bottle, this could be a dream machine! And since I bottle wine too, it would be a double win!

If you're holding your bottling wand, I suggest you check out Revvy's sticky on the Bottling forum. Bottling got so much easier when I started using a short stub of tubing between my spigot and my wand. The pics really help in the thread.

I'll check that out! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back