Bottling wines with a kegging system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawleyFarms

Reaction score
Anyone here using a forced transfer system to bottle your wines? Planning to give it a shot this weekend. Will be filtering my wines into a keg and using my kegerator system to bottle by putting the co2 on as low as it will go. Will be taking my tap system totally apart and sanitizing everything prior to bottling. Question I have is, I wanted to attach the tubing to my kegerator tap and put my bottling wand at the end and just leave my tap forward while bottling. Will this give me any problems at a low pressure? (For example, bottling wand being pushed out of the tubing due to the pressure?)

I do have an extra liquid out post and could set up a tube and bottling wand to attach to it but thought having it clamped to my keg faucet and being able to shut it off in case of a problem might be smarter.

Check the "we don't need no stinking beer gun" sticky in the beer section. I use a picnic tap and straight plastic tubing (a cut down racking cane) to bottle cider from my keg. The 3/8 tubing fits snugly into the tap with no leaks. Don't need the bung etc if the wine isn't carbonated.

You could do the same with your keg tap I suppose with some tubing and a straight tube. A bottling wand might pop off under pressure, I dunno.

I use a plug I found on Amazon fits in my tap, a short piece of plastic tube and a stainless steel straw that reaches to the bottom of the bottle (growler) I have been toying with the idea of kegging my wine for some time now with Nitrogen. If not wanting to store long term, what do you see the benefit of co2 force bottling over gravity? Just curious.

Back