bottling mixed fermentation sours - advice needed please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
Been out of the brewing loop for a couple years and am needing some help. I have a 5 gallon batch of a golden sour brewed June of 2020 and a RBGC clone brewed September of 2020! This is not a testament to my patience, just proof positive that I am spread too thin and there aren't enough hours in a day.

Anyway, I'm planning to bottle them next week when I have two weeks of 'free time'. I will be using Go-Ferm and CBC-1 to re-yeast these batches before they go into either 12oz bottles or bombers. Go-Ferm directions say to use 1.25g per 1g of yeast, but how much yeast do I need to use per gallon of beer I'm bottling? This advice came from @cactusgarrett from a different thread that I'm surely annoying people in by asking the same questions, so my apologies to the fine people over there I just didn't want to hijack a recipe thread.

As always, thank you for any and all help!

Thank you for your timely response @cactusgarrett - just to be clear, is that 2-3g CBC-1 per gallon or for the entire 5-6 gallon batch? Thank you again for your help! I am so very excited to get these carbed up and into a glass to start Spring off right!

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your help - sorry for spamming you the last couple of days lol

This calculator can confirm what cactus said above. 2g is about right for CBC-1 for 5 gallons. I often use up to 4g which doesn't harm anything. I usually end up discarding the rest of the open pack anyway.

https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/en...brewing-tools/bottle-conditioning-calculator/
I recommend mixing/re-hydrating the CBC-1 in a small amount of water to get it suspended in liquid so it's easy to mix in the beer evenly.

Back