Bottling from keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhammers91

Reaction score
I was jw if I need to do anything to kill or suppress the yeast if I am going to bottle from the keg? I realize that the yeast left in suspension will become active again as the beer warms back up, and I know if fermentation is completely finished before I keg I should be ok, I just want to take all precautions to prevent Boyle bombs...

Thanks

I don't know of anyone doing anything to kill off the yeast prior to bottling. I bottle from the keg only occasionally but I've never had any problems.

DanH said:
I don't know of anyone doing anything to kill off the yeast prior to bottling. I bottle from the keg only occasionally but I've never had any problems.

After you have bottled, did u let your bottles warm back up to room temp? I want to bottle, but then store the bottles in the basement so they don't have to take up room till Christmas...

I have let them come back up to room temp before giving them to friends who later chilled them before drinking. They've never reported back with problems. I suspect that once it's carb'ed, with good bottling technique, temp doesn't matter so much. Hopefully someone else will come through and have better info.

DanH said:
I have let them come back up to room temp before giving them to friends who later chilled them before drinking. They've never reported back with problems. I suspect that once it's carb'ed, with good bottling technique, temp doesn't matter so much. Hopefully someone else will come through and have better info.

Well thanks for the info! Sounds like u just made my life THAT much easier!

Back