Bottling Amaretto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schecter

Reaction score
After finding my grandfather's 60 year old bottle of homemade amaretto (greatest treasure of my life), I decided to make my own.

However, I'm still at a loss on the best way to bottle it. I intend to age a good portion of it, and I'm not sure the best vessel to do so in.

I have two options that I've been torn between:
Using 500mL cordial bottles with a screw cap, and either sealing with a shrink hood or wax,
OR
Using swing top bottles.

The cordial bottles with a seal may be best, but does anyone know if a swingtop will work just as well? Unfortunately, the best pricing I could find for the cordial bottles came to ~$3/piece after shipping which isn't terrible, but I should be using that money on beer :tank:

Thanks for any help ladies and gents.

I'd think the seal on the cordial bottle would be much better than on the swing top, but oxidation isn't as much of a concern with spirits/liqueurs as it is with beer, right? I'd think the swingtops would be just fine.

But I have 0 experience aging liqueur, haha.

Back