Bottle or keg a dubbel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethlovex

Reaction score
I brewed a Chimay red clone and can't decide whether to bottle or keg. I have the bottles and two spare kegs at the moment.
Also, it's been in secondary for about a month, is the yeast still viable? I have fresh abbey ale yeast and Us 05 on hand.
Leaning towards naturally carbonating in the keg but not sure what sugar to use. Is cane an option or use wheat DME?
Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I carbonate naturally in the keg all the time and use corn sugar--though I have also used brown sugar. If it were me, I would bottle it.

Definetly more authentic to bottle

I was going to one at six months

I ended up naturally carbonating in the keg with 4 oz priming sugar and 2 oz honey. I will probably bottle in a month with additional cane or priming sugar as to get to 3.5 vols CO2

I ended up naturally carbonating in the keg with 4 oz priming sugar and 2 oz honey. I will probably bottle in a month with additional cane or priming sugar as to get to 3.5 vols CO2

How did it turn out priming in the keg? How long did you wait?

Thanks!

Back