Bottle infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djbradle

Reaction score
Now I've brewed many brews and a few have had a ring around the collar but were never infected, though this one has me intrigued....It was a bsda fermented with Wlp545. My bottling regiment as usual left the caps on loose a bit to fill the headspace with co2 before the baron lays a smack down. I must say I was lazy for the past few brews and used a sanitized tsp with funnel to add granulated sugar to each bottle. Previously I always did batch priming.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426641997.374646.jpg

Looks like a bottle pellicle starting.
Could be wrong though.
Drink em up quick

Well, being that it's a bsda and the fact that the recipe would most definitely compliment one I may try to cold store it in the 30's and pop one every week to see. I chalk it up to my own laziness after brewing for the past 3 years.

Being in a oxygen deficient setting it appears brett is a likely co-inhabitor, no? Acetobacter seems to be unable to do anything without O2. I will say wlp545 is known to be a loving partner to CO2 whereby it produces a very whispy bottle sediment and maybe being the first high gravity version with this yeast it likes to ride high? Unlikely in this case maybe....FG was 1.008

Back