Bottle illusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaltradie

Reaction score
I just recently bottled a lager mix and noticed a cloud after bottling in a 945 ml sol beer bottle but on closer examination it appears to just be a illusion cast by the shape of the bottle.lucky I examined the bottle before chucking it

Why would you chuck a bottle of beer that you just recently bottled because you thought you saw a cloud? It's perfectly natural for beer to appear hazy or clouding in the carbing process, you can also have chill haze, but both of those can clear up fine if you leave the beer in the fridge for a week or more.

Why would you chuck a bottle because it looked cloudy without checking and trying to figure out why it was cloudy?

edit: What Revvy said. More eloquently than I did. I type too slowly.

It was my first brew and I didn't add the clearing agent someone told me it would still taste fine I'm purchasing a still so when I say chucking it I would have just made some home bourbon if the beer didn't taste right

I rarely add any moss or other clearing agents, and my beer is perfectly clear. It's all about how long you chose to leave you beer in primary, or secondary, and how long you let everything settle in the bottle and how long you chill the beer, that makes it clear.

For most of my beers, a month in primary, and a month to carb and condition in bottles, and sufficient chill time nets crystal clear beer.

right. you shouldn't post it on the internet.

also i think the administraters will kick you off the site (or atleast lock your thread) if you talk about distilling

don't get me wrong, it sucks. i think the government should let people do what they want, but its illegal still.

some people rack their beer to a secondary container after fermentation is over (before bottling).

It's plain wrong for the government they just make it illegal for tax just like tobacco a friend lost his farm for making his own smokes he would of kept it if it was pot

making them for him? or to sell?

yeah, it sucks thought. i don't want to sell liquor, but it would be cool if you could make some legally.

Yeah it would be great if it was legal because it is Alot easier then beer.some of the tabbaco was for sale only a small amount to friends but the fines for each plant bankrupted him

Latest posts

Back