Bottle filler for the Perlick 525

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLUEZL600EFI

Reaction score
I am currently working on a bottle filler for the Perlick 525 tap.

I have a couple ideas and would like some feedback to see what the interest would be.

The first is how is everyone liking the pour from these things stock? Any hollow pour issues like the old stock 425's?

Second is I am considering modifying your tap to have a inner thread in the tip just like the old version. I would then supply a threaded insert for a normal pour and a threaded bottle filler similar to the current one we sell.

I would run an exchange program for the taps, I would keep some modified ones in stock so that the turn around time would be the same day.

Just looking for some feedback before I put more effort into this idea.

Somewhat interested but I would have to see some examples of the work before I became very interested. I'm not crazy about the idea of shipping you my taps to hopefully get some back. Please don't take that personally. I don't have any issues of hollow pours but I have never used a 425 to compare to. The other issue I see is that if you are swaping taps it could become a problem as some have engraved Perlick "P"s while others have printed "P"s. Not an issue for some but for me I don't want 6 taps with some this and some that.

That and someone else already seems to have a decent alternative for the new Perlick's.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bottling-wand-perlick-owners-228344/

I saw that. However he is not selling them, that I can find. And I am not convinced that it would not blow out when counterfilling, there is quite a bit of back pressure when filling up a case of bottles. For one or two you could hold it in, but I sometimes bottle 4-5 gallons at a time that would get tiring.

Not to mention if the inner hole varies from tap to tap, that could be an issue as well. I would need to measure a decent sample of them to know for sure.

Like I said right now just looking for ideas. I have have a lot of requests to come up with something for the new taps.

EDIT: I see he is making them now. You have a source now, so I will just stick to making the threaded ones for the old style 425's.

I think he is asking for a threaded fitting for a Perlick 525 or 575.

:drunk: That could be, my bad. Had a bad day at work today and have been hitting the home brew a little hard.

If the push in ones work out for everyone I would most likely not pursue any other options.

I "think" mine are 425 (Perlick, forward sealing)??

Like this
8831ca64cdb740798228b229cc189b73-280x0.jpg

Latest posts

Back