bottle conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give it at least 3 weeks to carb and then it depends on the beer. I do a porter that's best drunk young so when fully carbed its ready. Try it at about 1 month but flavour can be quite complex and subjective. . I find malty beers with low hop presence are ready younger

Not long. A week or two is usually sufficient. Three weeks is a good "safety buffer" if you're planning for a big event or something.

Recently I brewed a Porter . The O.G. was 1.054 and it took 6 Weeks to carbonate .

Bottles were kept at 72 F .

I should notice that I put each Bottle in the Refrigerator for 48 hours before opening .

Hector

Mine took 3 weeks to mellow out, and got better with time. Mine was an OG 1.050 smoked porter. Been bottled 3 months now and is amazing!

I just did a brown ale also, and I opened the first one at 2 weeks to try it and it wasn't ready yet. 3 weeks it was much better, 4 weeks tomorrow going to try it again and should be nice and smooth!

I know people like to try stuff quick, myself included, but time really does make things better. Now that I have a pipeline going, I'm in no rush! That first brew though I wanted NOW!

It depends on your yeast and the temperature you're conditioning at. Try 1 after a week, then 1 after week 2, etc. just my advice.

A general rule of thumb is 3 weeks conditioning @ 70° and then a week in the fridge. Obviously, this isn't hard and fast. Some will be done sooner and some will take longer.

Back