Bottle Conditioning...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewgardner

Reaction score
So here's my scenario - I brewed on Feb 15th. Switched from primary to secondary on the 22nd - bottled March 1st. I just opened one and and it's not quite carbonated and could probably use another week or so. Before anyone else tells me to RDWHAHB - I knew opening this bottle that it wouldn't be quite ready, my question is; since I used 22oz bottles instead of 12oz bottles should I be giving it even longer?

I use a combination of 22 oz bombers and 12 oz bottles and I find they both carb up at just about the same time Im usually brewing Pale Ales and IPA with a dry yeast mostly Nottingham if that helps.

22ounce-ers always carb up in the same time for me. Dont forget that bottle conditioning isnt just for carbing your beers, its to develop and further its flavors. It's interesting to try a beer each week after bottling and take notes/notice how much more body and other characteristics your beer develops.

Cheers!

Thanks! I am constantly surprised at you amazing you pros are with us noobs. My ale was damn tasty...just not quite ready.

I used the 740ml PET bottles that came with my micro brew kit. It took 3 weeks at 70F then 3-5 days in the fridge before locked & loaded. You can see a pic on the thread I posted on my 1st brew in the glass. That should help you wait. Those 740ml bottles = 25.16 ounces. Def takes 3 weeks min to age & carb.

Latest posts

Back